Best Business Tips and Strategies information channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
What is a niche business? A niche business is one that caters to the common needs and interests of a focused group of people. For instance, people who play golf forms a niche market and people who are golf instructors form an even tighter and smaller niche.
The advantage of going niche is that you can become a specialist in that chosen market. Instead of knowing a bit of everything, you concentrate your efforts on the one area.
Becoming an expert in your niche does not happen overnight. It takes time, skills, dedication and money to build up your knowledge.
Here are 7 great ways to become an expert in your niche business:
1. First and foremost, you must have a strong interest when selecting your niche. If you are going to spend a lot of time researching on this area, a strong interest will help sustain your efforts and keep you going.
2. Read aplenty and stay current! Surf the internet for industry news and related fields to your niche. Go to the bookstores and the library. Subscribe to newsletters or ezines of your competitors.
3. Attend workshops and learn from the super experts. Learn also in related topics so that you can expand on your knowledge base.
4. Test out tools, resources, software or just about anything that can be used for your particular niche. For instance, if you are a florist selling exotic flowers, knowing what is the best way to take care of the delicate blooms will help make you an expert!
5. Hang out in forums where your target market is likely to be. This is an excellent way to get to know what are the common problems and obstacles faced by your prospects. Make sure that you find out the answers or solutions to these problems so that you can post your comment and findings. Some forums even allow you to insert a link back to your website.
6. Use branding for higher perceived value: Buy and register your name as the domain name. A good example is http://www.EvelynLim.com . Brandnames are built gradually overtime. So set aside time each week devoted to promoting your brandname. This could be giving free advice, lectures and giving press releases.
7. Have an opinion. People like to look up to experts who articulate their views. You are likely to be a winner if you can also justify your opinion with facts.
Evelyn Lim is the online publisher of the very popular newsletter "Mapping You to Success". Her FREE newsletter is jam packed with ideas, resources and tips. She aims to equip her readers with skills on how to acquire multiple sources of online income. To subscribe to her newsletter, please visit http://www.e-BizMap.com or read more about her at her blog http://www.EvelynLim.com
Management, Balance & Time - 10 Tips for Managing Overwhelm in your Business
How many of us have been in a position where we have more to do than can realistically fit into one day, or week. So we spend all of our time feeling rushed, being rushed, and wondering how on earth we are going to manage.
10 Things To Ask Your Accountant
This is a quick checklist of a few things that you, as a new business, should expect to ask your accountant (or potential accountant).1.
The Seven Secrets of Top Performers
Let's put to rest the fallacy that success, in sales or any profession, is due to luck, chance, and/or hard work. There is nothing further from the truth.
Managing Your Major Sales - 7 Steps That Could Change The Way You Pursue Business
Ever lost a sale you thought was in the bag? Not an unfamiliar feeling for many businesses large and small. No matter how good you think your product or service is, everything finally boils down to your ability to convince others that it is good for them.
10 Steps for Simplifying Business Plan Financial Statements
For most business owners and entrepreneurs, preparing, and communicating the financial statement section of a business plan is like trying to give driving directions to someone who doesn't speak the same language."Numbers" is the language most investors speak.
Ten Ways to Manage a Rapidly Growing Business
While some new business owners face the issue of not enough customers, others face the issue of too many customers/clients. Both are serious issues and must be dealt with carefully.
7 Online Banking Success Stories
You have seen their ads and you may have wondered if they are worth a second look. What am I talking about? Online banks! Also known as internet banks, these are financial institutions who provide the majority of their banking services over the internet.
Want a Web Site that Turns Lookers into Buyers? Seven Passion Copywriting Tips
Web Site Blues? Need one, don't know where to start? Got one, but aren't getting enough sales? If you need a Web site soon you may be wondering where to start and who to trust. All Web masters are not equal.
Top 10 Ways to Start a Business For Less Than $500
We've heard numerous success stories of Internet entrepreneurs like Jeff Bezos, who started Amazon.com from his garage, using cheap plywood to construct desks.
Advice for New Coaches: 10 Ways to Attract Your First Paying Client and Receive Endless Referrals
Many new coaches struggle to attract their first client. Often, these coaches are so desperate to prove themselves, they'll sacrifice their financial health to coach their first few clients for free.
10-Point Checklist for High Visibility in Google
Google is the pre-eminent search engine (SE) with no close competitor. Given that inclusion is free, your Web pages must be in it.
Media Training: Seven Ways to Instantly Improve Your Media Interviewing Skills
Imagine if you were going to address a stadium full of people. You'd probably spend hours (if not days or weeks) agonizing over every word you were going to say.
The Top 7 Marketing Tips You Don't Want To Overlook
1. Combine Emotion and LogicConsumers buy because the want to experience the benefits of the product or service you have to offer.
After Hurricane Katrina - Seven Things You Can Do
If you are like me, you are living some distance from the devastation wrought by Katrina. If you are like me you not physically impacted and can watch the plight of others on television in the comfort of your home.
Business Profitability - 10 Ways To Boost
10 Ways to Boost your ProfitabilitySo many business owners work hard - really hard - just to break even or keep afloat. Each one of us deserves reward for our efforts, whether that be financial or personal.
10 Tips for Effective Proofreading
Proofreading may not be terribly fun, but it's one of the most important parts of writing. Have you ever read a web page or a document that had typos, grammatical errors, and punctuation mistakes? This reflects badly on you and your business, and you could easily lose a customer over a simple spelling mistake! Here are some tips for quick and effective proofreading:1.
10 Dos and Don'ts Of Customer Services
Email etiquette is the key to help calm down anxious and impatient customers. People assume that once they press the "send" button that we will get everything sorted out in an instant! Of course we all know that this is not an accurate representation of how things work.
10 Steps for Business Owners to Take if They Are a Victim of Identity Theft
Be aware that 40 million crooks obtained credit card numbers this past year, "Be Suspicious". Also be aware that most identify theft is not reported, especially when it involves family members, so the statistics are off.
Seven Ways to Improve Your Results with Follow-up
What follows is a bold statement, but sometimes it takes a bold statement to get people's attention. One of the most important and yet overlooked skills in business today is follow-up.
7 Things You Can Do To Weather The Lows Of A Business Cycle
Hey, as hard as this may be for you to swallow, business online is no different than a business on Main Street in your home town or city. We have good times and we have slow times.
Akron City Directory
© 2012 - 2020 All Rights Reserved