Best Business Tips and Strategies information channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
What follows is a bold statement, but sometimes it takes a bold statement to get people's attention.
One of the most important and yet overlooked skills in business today is follow-up.
This applies to many parts of our business: Customer service and care, marketing, leadership, networking, branding, and more. It is a habit and a discipline that, when used effectively and regularly, will change your results and your life.
Here are seven ways to incorporate more follow-up into your practices - and therefore seven ways to increase your results.
1. Say thank you. First and foremost, the must-do follow-up habit is to say thank you. Send an email, make a call, or best of all, send a hand written note. Tell the Customer thanks for the new order. Tell the employee how much you appreciate their extra effort (or their normal effort over the long haul). Thank a person for a referral. Thank a colleague for the book or website recommendation. We all sent thank you cards after receiving graduation and wedding gifts. And while you may have done it because it was expected, it was really good practice for the rest of your life. I have a recurring task on my task list. It reads "Who do I need to thank today?" Who do you need to thank today?
2. Ask for feedback. After completing a project, meeting, training session, consulting engagement, or whatever, ask for some feedback. Preface your request by saying that you want to not only make sure that you have met their needs, but that you want to know how to continue to improve. Be open to what will be shared and show your gratitude, by referring to item 1 above.
3. Keep track. You've given an employee some coaching or help on a specific issue, so follow-up to see how it is going and how you can help now. You completed a project for a Client six months ago - so follow-up to see how it is going now and if the results match what had been expected. Follow-up isn't just a one time deal - it is an on-going commitment. You likely are interested in the progress others are making. Let them know by staying in touch and seeing how things are going and how you might be able to help.
4. Remain interested. This is one step beyond keeping track. It is remaining interested in the other person or group's progress over the long term. Continue to check back on progress. Remaining interested shows that you care and have made the effort to remember about events and goals important to the other person.
5. Remember important events. Holly on my team calls friends and colleagues on their birthdays and sings them Happy Birthday - live or on their voice mail. I have done this occasionally in the past - but have made it a more normal part of my routine as well. Why? Because it makes people smile. Your kids and paren'ts expect a happy birthday wish, but do your Customers? Your employees? Your vendors? Maybe you don't sing, but you can still wish people happy anniversary, happy birthday or happy St. Patrick's Day - especially if they are Irish!
6. Share information you know matters to them. Have a colleague who has a rose garden? Send them the article about roses that you read last week. Have a co-worker who graduated from a certain college? Congratulate them when his team wins the big game. Have a Customer who loves tennis? Send them a link to the website you heard about that helps people improve their game. You get the idea. Follow-up by giving people information or comments that they know is just for them.
7. Have a plan. I have a process to call and track my conversations with my key contacts regularly. We have a process to connect with our most valued colleagues and Clients monthly. Our plan continues to be tweaked, but we have a plan because we know how important follow-up is. What is your plan?
Within my seven suggestions I have shared examples from all phases of business in order to show how pervasive and how valuable follow-up can be.
There is little about it that is hard. Being exceptionally good at follow-up requires focus, dedication, discipline, and a decision to do it. If you will make the decision you will become a more effective leader or supervisor. You will become a better networker. You will have greater sales. You will retain your relationships longer.
Any of these are reasons enough to make this decision. All of them put together prove my initial bold statement:
"One of the most important and yet overlooked skills in business today is follow-up."
Where are you going to start?
Kevin Eikenberry is Chief Potential Officer of The Kevin Eikenberry Group (http://KevinEikenberry.com), a learning consulting company that helps Clients reach their potential through a variety of training, consulting and speaking services. To receive your free special report on "Unleashing Your Potential" go to http://www.kevineikenberry.com/uypw/index.asp or call us at (317) 387-1424 or 888.LEARNER.
Best Home Remedies for Skin Burn Treatment
In the text below, we will have a short review of such prescriptions which have come to be known as home remedies for treating burns. Cornelian Cherry Seeds. The quality seeds help you considerably remove the burned areas of your skin. Soak them in ...
Dry Skin In Winters? Simple Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dry Skin
Do you have dry and itchy skin? Dry skin which is also called xerosis, is a skin condition that lacks moisture in its outer layer of the skin. If left untreated, dry skin can get cracks, white spots and become infected. Dry skin is usually caused by ...
Medical News Today
Natural home remedies for COPD
Medical News Today
Although there is currently no cure for COPD, various home remedies can help open up the airways and improve a person's quality of life. This article discusses which home remedies, including lifestyle changes, supplements, and essential oils, can help ...
Four home remedies that can soothe a winter sore throat
The worst thing about catching a winter cold isn't the fact that you're constantly dabbing at your streaming nose. Nor is it the sensation of going from hot to cold faster than a forgotten cup of tea. No, the most irritating symptom of all is a painful ...
Feeling the winter prickle? 4 home remedies that can soothe a seasonal sore throat
Dry Eye Syndrome: Simple And Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dry Eyes
Your eyes are one of the most sensitive organs of the body. Therefore, it is very important for us to take care of them. Dry eye syndrome or dry eyes are caused by a lack of sufficient lubrication, nourishment and moisture on the surface of the eyes ...
Q&A: Home remedies may help prevent morning sickness
There are home remedies you can try that may help. If you start to lose weight, if you can't keep liquids down or if vomiting becomes severe, see your doctor right away. Although it is called morning sickness, that term is not accurate, as the symptoms ...
Home remedies: What about those wrinkles?
Greensboro News & Record
Wrinkles are a natural part of aging, especially for the face, neck, hands and forearms. But some people are more prone to wrinkles based on sun-exposure and other factors. Although genetics mainly determine skin structure and texture, sun exposure is ...
Home remedies can ease the pain of minor burns
Needless to say, severe burns require immediate emergency medical attention. The great thing about home remedies for mild burns is that you know instantly whether they are working. Either the pain goes away, or it doesn't. Many readers also report that ...
Pneumonia: 5 effective home remedies that can help reduce your symptoms
New Delhi: Stan Lee, famously known for co-creating Marvel Comics, has died aged 95. The co-creator of iconic characters, including Iron Man, the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Daredevil and the X-Men, revealed earlier this year that he had been battling ...
Home remedies: Power up soups, smoothies and teas to fight flu season
We can't always control what we're exposed to, but we can take charge of our health by eating the foods that fortify our immune system, especially during cold and flu season. In addition to staying on top of fundamental immune-boosting habits like ...
10 Things To Ask Your Accountant
This is a quick checklist of a few things that you, as a new business, should expect to ask your accountant (or potential accountant).1.
Want a Web Site that Turns Lookers into Buyers? Seven Passion Copywriting Tips
Web Site Blues? Need one, don't know where to start? Got one, but aren't getting enough sales? If you need a Web site soon you may be wondering where to start and who to trust. All Web masters are not equal.
Ten Tips on Delegating Work
One way to manage your time more effectively is to delegate work to others on your staff or to contract workers you hire for specific projects. How often I hear such comments as, "It takes too much time to delegate.
7 Tips To Increase The Success Of Your Online Business
1. Outsource what takes you too long to do? When you don't have time to do something, you either don't do it, or do it faster and make mistakes.
7 Secrets to Writing Inventory Procedures
What would You do with $1,000,000With $1 Million would you:? Pay off debt?? Purchase new equipment?? Invest/save for the future?? Give yourself a bonus?$1,000,000 Waiting in the Wings. What do you and your business need that you have been putting off because you don't have the money today? $1,000,000 certainly would fill those needs. But where do you find $1,000,000 just lying around your business right now? Well, you probably have $250,000 in each of four areas in your everyday business, and you don't even realize it.
Ten Tips For Staying Connected While Working Alone
Ten Tips for Staying Connected. Many of my business clients tell me that what they missed most when they started their businesses was the camaraderie of an office setting. Small businesses often start with the owner as the only employee.
7 Reasons Why Training Doesn't Produce the Desired Results and What You Can Do To
Seven Reasons Why Training Doesn't Produce the Desired Results and What You Can Do To Improve Your Results OverviewAbraham Maslow said, "If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail." As managers, leaders and change agents, we want to improve our organizational performance.
7 Online Banking Success Stories
You have seen their ads and you may have wondered if they are worth a second look. What am I talking about? Online banks! Also known as internet banks, these are financial institutions who provide the majority of their banking services over the internet.
7 Money Saving Tips to Decrease Home Business Expenses
We all know that running a home business is highly satisfying, and at times downright liberating! No clock to punch, no dress code, and best of all, no boss to answer to. But there are also many facets of business ownership that entrepreneurs must stay on top of.
Never Sell Again: Get Repeat Business and Avoid the Need to Prospect
If you're a business owner, you know that repeat business is critical to your success. It also makes your life much easier because you can count on ongoing business without having to continuously find new prospects and convince them to hire you.
The Top Ten Qualities that Allow Business Operations to Grow Easily
My husband and I were enjoying our dinner meal one evening while discussing various plans and ideas. I was sharing that I wanted to submit articles and ads to a huge number of ezines to market my eProgram in a big way, and I wanted his help to make this happen.
10 Budgeting Tips for Business People and Small Companies
It is possible for small companies and individual business people to cut costs without sacrificing quality. Keep these 10 budgeting tips in mind when purchasing goods and services.
Positioning Your Company for Debt Financing
Positioning Your Company for Debt Financing: There was a time in the old days when going to the bank was the only way to get outside capital for your business. These days with the explosion of raising equity investment, many of the guidelines for running a company have been revolutionized.
Top Ten Tips for Participating in Online Business Expos
Are you ready for a BASH? Have you ever been a vendor or exhibitor at an expo, craft show or other offline event? Well, when you are a participant in an online bash or online expo - many of the same expo tips apply. Here are the Top Ten essential business expo tips for online events.
The Top Ten Ways to Attract Buyers, Not Just Visitors to your Web Site
Have you put a lot of effort, time, and money into your site and are frustrated with low sales? If you are like many professionals out there, you know your subject; you are excellent at your craft. You have a great service and maybe a great product to sell.
Top Seven Questions for Starting Projects More Effectively
We all are project managers. Some of us manage projects like vacations or reunions, while others run implementations of new software systems, consolidation divisions of companies, launch new products, or build buildings.
7 Super Ways To Drum Up More Sales
1. Use subheads throughout your ad copy.
Seven Steps to Achieving Your Dream
"Vision is the spectacular that inspires us to carry out the mundane." -- Chris Widener. Can achievement be broken down into steps? Well, it isn't always that clean and easy, but I do know that those who achieve great things usually go through much of the same process, with many of the items listed below as part of that process.
7 Tips on How To Prepare for Business Events
Are you scratching your head after business events wondering why you aren't finding prospects? Whether it's your first or 100th event, here are some tips on how to prepare for your next event that can make the difference between scratching and smiling. These tips will help you save time, money, create memorable impressions, and increase connections.
Sales Marketing: 10 Tips On How To Promote Yourself And Generate Sales
A lot of people are insecure about buying something or doing business with strangers. To make people feel comfortable to buy from you or do business with you, give them a little information about yourself or business.
Akron City Directory
© 2012 - 2018 All Rights Reserved