Best Business Tips and Strategies information channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
"Vision is the spectacular that inspires us to carry out the mundane." -- Chris Widener
Can achievement be broken down into steps? Well, it isn't always that clean and easy, but I do know that those who achieve great things usually go through much of the same process, with many of the items listed below as part of that process. So if you have been struggling with achievement, look through the following and internalize the thoughts presented. Then begin to apply them. You will be on the road to achieving your dream!
1. Dream it - Everything begins in the heart and mind. Every great achievement began in the mind of one person. They dared to dream, to believe that it was possible. Take some time to allow yourself to ask "What if?" Think big. Don't let negative thinking discourage you. You want to be a "dreamer." Dream of the possibilities for yourself, your family, and for others. If you had a dream that you let grow cold, re-ignite the dream! Fan the flames. Life is to short to let it go. (Also, check out my article "Dare to Dream Again," Which has been read by close to a million people in the last 4 months alone. You can see it at the website.)
2. Believe it - Yes, your dream needs to be big. It needs to be something that is seemingly beyond your capabilities. But it also must be believable. You must be able to say that if certain things take place, if others help, if you work hard enough, though it is a big dream, it can still be done. Good example: A person with no college education can dream that he will build a 50 million-dollar a year company. That is big, but believable. Bad example: That a 90 year-old woman with arthritis will someday run a marathon in under 3 hours. It is big alright, but also impossible. She should instead focus on building a 50 million-dollar a year business! And she better get a move on!
3. See it - The great achievers have a habit. They "see" things. They picture themselves walking around their CEO office in their new 25 million-dollar corporate headquarters, even while they are sitting on a folding chair in their garage "headquarters." Great free-throw shooters in the NBA picture the ball going through the basket. PGA golfers picture the ball going straight down the fairway. World-class speakers picture themselves speaking with energy and emotion. All of this grooms the mind to control the body to carry out the dream.
4. Tell it - One reason many dreams never go anywhere is because the dreamer keeps it all to himself. It is a quiet dream that only lives inside of his mind. The one who wants to achieve their dream must tell that dream to many people. One reason: As we continually say it, we begin to believe it more and more. If we are talking about it then it must be possible. Another reason: It holds us accountable. When we have told others, it spurs us on to actually do it so we don't look foolish.
5. Plan it - Every dream must take the form of a plan. The old saying that you "get what you plan for" is so true. Your dream won't just happen. You need to sit down, on a regular basis, and plan out your strategy for achieving the dream. Think through all of the details. Break the whole plan down into small, workable parts. Then set a time frame for accomplishing each task on your "dream plan."
6. Work it - Boy, wouldn't life be grand if we could quit before this one! Unfortunately the successful are usually the hardest workers. While the rest of the world is sitting on their couch watching re-runs of Gilligan's Island, achievers are working on their goal - achieving their dream. I have an equation that I work with: Your short-term tasks, multiplied by time, equal your long-term accomplishments. If you work on it each day, eventually you will achieve your dream. War and Peace was written, in longhand, page by page.
7. Enjoy it - When you have reached your goal and you are living your dream, be sure to enjoy it. In fact, enjoy the trip too. Give yourself some rewards along the way. Give yourself a huge reward when you get there. Help others enjoy it. Be gracious and generous. Use your dream to better others. Then go back to number 1. And dream a little bigger this time!
About The Author:
Chris Widener is a popular speaker and writer as well as the President of Made for Success, a company helping individuals and organizations turn their potential into performance, succeed in every area of their lives and achieve their dreams.
To see Chris "live" at the upcoming Jim Rohn Weekend Event as he speaks on the subject of Secrets of Influence go to http://Chris-Widener.InspiresYOU.com/ or call 800-929-0434.
Home remedies for cold and cough, these 6 DIY methods will cure seasonal illnesses for you
... when our body is trying to adapt to the weather and our immunity levels may be slightly low, and your body may fall short of Vitamin C or Vitamin D. Other than medicines, you could follow these home remedies for cold and cough: Eating a balanced ...
Fighting jaundice: Surprising home remedies for your ailing liver
Here are 8 home remedies one should try to manage jaundice better. Neem: It destroys the toxins generated in the liver with its anti-viral properties. To get the best result from these leaves, crush them to make juice, add honey and have it early in ...
Home remedies target local tissues around cancer cells and fight ...
Did you know how local tissues surrounding the cancer cells play a pivotal role in aggravating breast cancer? Check it out here with the list of home remedies to ...
12 Home Remedies for Psoriasis
If there ever was a medical condition that could convince Sherlock Holmes to get out of the business, it's plaque psoriasis. Psoriasis symptoms are obvious—after all, it's hard not to notice that maddening itch, the inflammation, and those bothersome ...
Try this at home: Nature's remedies that are safe for kids
WNC Parent spoke to Juliet Blankespoor, founder and instructor at Chestnut School of Herbal Medicine, and Dr. Leslie Meyers, ND, co-owner of WaterLeaf Naturopathic Medicine, about home remedies parents can easily and safely try at home.
At home remedies for that summer sunburn
HOUSTON - More than 31,000 people are found to be neglecting proper sunburn prevention, according to the American Medical Association. It gets so bad, people are sent to the hospital for sunburns every year. Doctors say it's particularly bad in Texas.
South Florida Reporter
15 Causes of Hair Loss + 10 Hair Loss Home Remedies That Work ...
South Florida Reporter
By the age of fifty, 85% of men have significantly thinning hair according to the American Hair Loss Association. Hair loss is pretty normal. If you're losing ...
The Augusta Chronicle
Home remedies: Treating sunburn - News - The Augusta Chronicle ...
The Augusta Chronicle
It boils down to what's in the term sunburn: “sun” and “burn.” Simply put, the sun burns your skin. And the result can be pain, redness, blisters and peeling skin.
13 at-home remedies you can use to relieve your sunburn
With spring out and summer in, you can expect rising temperatures. And while this means long days at the beach and talk by the pool, it also means sunburns. Although you can get sunburned at any time of the year, summer is the time of the year that ...
Top 6 solutions for your dark elbows and knees
There are simple home remedies to get rid of those unwanted spots created by the accumulation of dead skin or excessive sun exposure. These natural cures are better than your over-the-counter creams and peels, we bet! Baking Soda And Milk Mixture
Event Planning: Seven Best Practices Successful Planners Use
Do you plan events for the corporate world like product launches, conferences, seminars, etc? If so, check out these seven practices of successful event planners.It's easy to dismiss these points thinking they're trivial.
10 Things To Do When Business Slows Down Over The Holidays
I'm sure you've seen it happen every year: your business slows down during predictable times, like the summer vacation months or year-end holidays. For the self-employed who rely upon steady cash flow, this can be a disconcerting time.
How To Use The Power Of Focus To Build Massive Momentum In Your Business
Getting focused on what you want to achieve and creating an action plan for making it happen are critical skills for you to master. As bestselling author Napoleon Hill once said, "Every well-built house started with a definite plan in the form of blueprints.
Ten Top Performance Management Tips
Talk to Your People Often By building a great relationship with your people you will bring trust, honesty and information. This gives you a head start in Performance Management of your people.
Top 10 Tips on How To Write About Yourself
Many people find it really hard to write for business and marketing purposes about themselves and/or their product or service - much harder than it is to write about someone or something else. If that sounds familiar, read on; in this article professional business writer Suzan St Maur shares her top tips on how to write about yourself and what you do, efficiently and effectively.
Plan Your Success In Seven Ways
Many businesses lose money yearly because they don't think creatively about the future. They run their businesses doing what they think they should: dealing with customers, dealing with problems, ordering for their business, and paying their expenses.
Ten Tips to Build a Culture of Inspirational Leadership
Leadership, leadership development and leadership training are "Hot" issues in today's business world. A recent Internet search uncovered over 44 million hits on leadership, over 20 million hits on leadership development and 15.
Media Training: Seven Ways to Instantly Improve Your Media Interviewing Skills
Imagine if you were going to address a stadium full of people. You'd probably spend hours (if not days or weeks) agonizing over every word you were going to say.
How To Eliminate Your Competition Without Bloodshed
So how do you eliminate your competition without bloodshed? You must create a niche for your business. A niche is something that makes your business different from your competitors.
The Top 10 Reasons Your Staff Wants to Quit
From an employee's perspective, management often conducts itself in ways that make no sense. When the economy is slow, jobs are few and far in between or people are fearful, staff will tolerate management behaviors and policies that are nonsensical (in their eyes) or they judge are harmful.
11 Things Small Business Owners Can Learn From Michael Dell
1. Think Big - In college, Michael Dell said he wanted to "beat IBM.
How to Become an Expert in Your Niche Business
What is a niche business? A niche business is one that caters to the common needs and interests of a focused group of people. For instance, people who play golf forms a niche market and people who are golf instructors form an even tighter and smaller niche.
Seven Ways to Improve Your Results with Follow-up
What follows is a bold statement, but sometimes it takes a bold statement to get people's attention. One of the most important and yet overlooked skills in business today is follow-up.
Ten Tips for Effective Meetings
Here are ten things that you can do to hold more effective meetings.1) Avoid meetings.
The Top Ten Ways to Attract Buyers, Not Just Visitors to your Web Site
Have you put a lot of effort, time, and money into your site and are frustrated with low sales? If you are like many professionals out there, you know your subject; you are excellent at your craft. You have a great service and maybe a great product to sell.
Top Ten Reasons to Write a Sales Letter for Each Product? - Part 1
Authors/publishers are great at getting their books written. Entrepreneurs know their products.
The Hidden Power Of Understanding: A Secret To Building Massive Momentum In Your Business
You're busy with your business today, aren't you? You're pushing your mind and body to the limit just about everyday to handle all the activities that need to be done. But something's missing.
10 Tips to Successfully Use Business Networking as a Marketing Strategy
Networking is probably the best way to build a profitable business, or sales pipeline over the long term. Many of us understand the value of networking, but we don't always know the best way to go about it.
The Benefits Of Helping An Online Business Newbie
Do your remember when you first ventured out in the online business world? You probably had questions and problems along the way. Wouldn't it have been easier if you had help? When a newbie asks for your advice, educate them; answer their questions and help them solve their online business problems.
Ten Tips For Staying Connected While Working Alone
Ten Tips for Staying Connected. Many of my business clients tell me that what they missed most when they started their businesses was the camaraderie of an office setting. Small businesses often start with the owner as the only employee.
Akron City Directory
© 2012 - 2018 All Rights Reserved