Best Business Tips and Strategies information channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
"Vision is the spectacular that inspires us to carry out the mundane." -- Chris Widener
Can achievement be broken down into steps? Well, it isn't always that clean and easy, but I do know that those who achieve great things usually go through much of the same process, with many of the items listed below as part of that process. So if you have been struggling with achievement, look through the following and internalize the thoughts presented. Then begin to apply them. You will be on the road to achieving your dream!
1. Dream it - Everything begins in the heart and mind. Every great achievement began in the mind of one person. They dared to dream, to believe that it was possible. Take some time to allow yourself to ask "What if?" Think big. Don't let negative thinking discourage you. You want to be a "dreamer." Dream of the possibilities for yourself, your family, and for others. If you had a dream that you let grow cold, re-ignite the dream! Fan the flames. Life is to short to let it go. (Also, check out my article "Dare to Dream Again," Which has been read by close to a million people in the last 4 months alone. You can see it at the website.)
2. Believe it - Yes, your dream needs to be big. It needs to be something that is seemingly beyond your capabilities. But it also must be believable. You must be able to say that if certain things take place, if others help, if you work hard enough, though it is a big dream, it can still be done. Good example: A person with no college education can dream that he will build a 50 million-dollar a year company. That is big, but believable. Bad example: That a 90 year-old woman with arthritis will someday run a marathon in under 3 hours. It is big alright, but also impossible. She should instead focus on building a 50 million-dollar a year business! And she better get a move on!
3. See it - The great achievers have a habit. They "see" things. They picture themselves walking around their CEO office in their new 25 million-dollar corporate headquarters, even while they are sitting on a folding chair in their garage "headquarters." Great free-throw shooters in the NBA picture the ball going through the basket. PGA golfers picture the ball going straight down the fairway. World-class speakers picture themselves speaking with energy and emotion. All of this grooms the mind to control the body to carry out the dream.
4. Tell it - One reason many dreams never go anywhere is because the dreamer keeps it all to himself. It is a quiet dream that only lives inside of his mind. The one who wants to achieve their dream must tell that dream to many people. One reason: As we continually say it, we begin to believe it more and more. If we are talking about it then it must be possible. Another reason: It holds us accountable. When we have told others, it spurs us on to actually do it so we don't look foolish.
5. Plan it - Every dream must take the form of a plan. The old saying that you "get what you plan for" is so true. Your dream won't just happen. You need to sit down, on a regular basis, and plan out your strategy for achieving the dream. Think through all of the details. Break the whole plan down into small, workable parts. Then set a time frame for accomplishing each task on your "dream plan."
6. Work it - Boy, wouldn't life be grand if we could quit before this one! Unfortunately the successful are usually the hardest workers. While the rest of the world is sitting on their couch watching re-runs of Gilligan's Island, achievers are working on their goal - achieving their dream. I have an equation that I work with: Your short-term tasks, multiplied by time, equal your long-term accomplishments. If you work on it each day, eventually you will achieve your dream. War and Peace was written, in longhand, page by page.
7. Enjoy it - When you have reached your goal and you are living your dream, be sure to enjoy it. In fact, enjoy the trip too. Give yourself some rewards along the way. Give yourself a huge reward when you get there. Help others enjoy it. Be gracious and generous. Use your dream to better others. Then go back to number 1. And dream a little bigger this time!
About The Author:
Chris Widener is a popular speaker and writer as well as the President of Made for Success, a company helping individuals and organizations turn their potential into performance, succeed in every area of their lives and achieve their dreams.
To see Chris "live" at the upcoming Jim Rohn Weekend Event as he speaks on the subject of Secrets of Influence go to http://Chris-Widener.InspiresYOU.com/ or call 800-929-0434.
Best Home Remedies for Skin Burn Treatment
In the text below, we will have a short review of such prescriptions which have come to be known as home remedies for treating burns. Cornelian Cherry Seeds. The quality seeds help you considerably remove the burned areas of your skin. Soak them in ...
Dry Skin In Winters? Simple Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dry Skin
Do you have dry and itchy skin? Dry skin which is also called xerosis, is a skin condition that lacks moisture in its outer layer of the skin. If left untreated, dry skin can get cracks, white spots and become infected. Dry skin is usually caused by ...
Medical News Today
Natural home remedies for COPD
Medical News Today
Although there is currently no cure for COPD, various home remedies can help open up the airways and improve a person's quality of life. This article discusses which home remedies, including lifestyle changes, supplements, and essential oils, can help ...
Four home remedies that can soothe a winter sore throat
The worst thing about catching a winter cold isn't the fact that you're constantly dabbing at your streaming nose. Nor is it the sensation of going from hot to cold faster than a forgotten cup of tea. No, the most irritating symptom of all is a painful ...
Feeling the winter prickle? 4 home remedies that can soothe a seasonal sore throat
Dry Eye Syndrome: Simple And Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dry Eyes
Your eyes are one of the most sensitive organs of the body. Therefore, it is very important for us to take care of them. Dry eye syndrome or dry eyes are caused by a lack of sufficient lubrication, nourishment and moisture on the surface of the eyes ...
Q&A: Home remedies may help prevent morning sickness
There are home remedies you can try that may help. If you start to lose weight, if you can't keep liquids down or if vomiting becomes severe, see your doctor right away. Although it is called morning sickness, that term is not accurate, as the symptoms ...
Home remedies: What about those wrinkles?
Greensboro News & Record
Wrinkles are a natural part of aging, especially for the face, neck, hands and forearms. But some people are more prone to wrinkles based on sun-exposure and other factors. Although genetics mainly determine skin structure and texture, sun exposure is ...
Home remedies can ease the pain of minor burns
Needless to say, severe burns require immediate emergency medical attention. The great thing about home remedies for mild burns is that you know instantly whether they are working. Either the pain goes away, or it doesn't. Many readers also report that ...
Pneumonia: 5 effective home remedies that can help reduce your symptoms
New Delhi: Stan Lee, famously known for co-creating Marvel Comics, has died aged 95. The co-creator of iconic characters, including Iron Man, the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Daredevil and the X-Men, revealed earlier this year that he had been battling ...
Home remedies: Power up soups, smoothies and teas to fight flu season
We can't always control what we're exposed to, but we can take charge of our health by eating the foods that fortify our immune system, especially during cold and flu season. In addition to staying on top of fundamental immune-boosting habits like ...
Event Planning: Seven Best Practices Successful Planners Use
Do you plan events for the corporate world like product launches, conferences, seminars, etc? If so, check out these seven practices of successful event planners.It's easy to dismiss these points thinking they're trivial.
10 Things To Do When Business Slows Down Over The Holidays
I'm sure you've seen it happen every year: your business slows down during predictable times, like the summer vacation months or year-end holidays. For the self-employed who rely upon steady cash flow, this can be a disconcerting time.
How To Use The Power Of Focus To Build Massive Momentum In Your Business
Getting focused on what you want to achieve and creating an action plan for making it happen are critical skills for you to master. As bestselling author Napoleon Hill once said, "Every well-built house started with a definite plan in the form of blueprints.
Ten Top Performance Management Tips
Talk to Your People Often By building a great relationship with your people you will bring trust, honesty and information. This gives you a head start in Performance Management of your people.
Top 10 Tips on How To Write About Yourself
Many people find it really hard to write for business and marketing purposes about themselves and/or their product or service - much harder than it is to write about someone or something else. If that sounds familiar, read on; in this article professional business writer Suzan St Maur shares her top tips on how to write about yourself and what you do, efficiently and effectively.
Plan Your Success In Seven Ways
Many businesses lose money yearly because they don't think creatively about the future. They run their businesses doing what they think they should: dealing with customers, dealing with problems, ordering for their business, and paying their expenses.
Ten Tips to Build a Culture of Inspirational Leadership
Leadership, leadership development and leadership training are "Hot" issues in today's business world. A recent Internet search uncovered over 44 million hits on leadership, over 20 million hits on leadership development and 15.
Media Training: Seven Ways to Instantly Improve Your Media Interviewing Skills
Imagine if you were going to address a stadium full of people. You'd probably spend hours (if not days or weeks) agonizing over every word you were going to say.
How To Eliminate Your Competition Without Bloodshed
So how do you eliminate your competition without bloodshed? You must create a niche for your business. A niche is something that makes your business different from your competitors.
The Top 10 Reasons Your Staff Wants to Quit
From an employee's perspective, management often conducts itself in ways that make no sense. When the economy is slow, jobs are few and far in between or people are fearful, staff will tolerate management behaviors and policies that are nonsensical (in their eyes) or they judge are harmful.
11 Things Small Business Owners Can Learn From Michael Dell
1. Think Big - In college, Michael Dell said he wanted to "beat IBM.
How to Become an Expert in Your Niche Business
What is a niche business? A niche business is one that caters to the common needs and interests of a focused group of people. For instance, people who play golf forms a niche market and people who are golf instructors form an even tighter and smaller niche.
Seven Ways to Improve Your Results with Follow-up
What follows is a bold statement, but sometimes it takes a bold statement to get people's attention. One of the most important and yet overlooked skills in business today is follow-up.
Ten Tips for Effective Meetings
Here are ten things that you can do to hold more effective meetings.1) Avoid meetings.
The Top Ten Ways to Attract Buyers, Not Just Visitors to your Web Site
Have you put a lot of effort, time, and money into your site and are frustrated with low sales? If you are like many professionals out there, you know your subject; you are excellent at your craft. You have a great service and maybe a great product to sell.
Top Ten Reasons to Write a Sales Letter for Each Product? - Part 1
Authors/publishers are great at getting their books written. Entrepreneurs know their products.
The Hidden Power Of Understanding: A Secret To Building Massive Momentum In Your Business
You're busy with your business today, aren't you? You're pushing your mind and body to the limit just about everyday to handle all the activities that need to be done. But something's missing.
10 Tips to Successfully Use Business Networking as a Marketing Strategy
Networking is probably the best way to build a profitable business, or sales pipeline over the long term. Many of us understand the value of networking, but we don't always know the best way to go about it.
The Benefits Of Helping An Online Business Newbie
Do your remember when you first ventured out in the online business world? You probably had questions and problems along the way. Wouldn't it have been easier if you had help? When a newbie asks for your advice, educate them; answer their questions and help them solve their online business problems.
Ten Tips For Staying Connected While Working Alone
Ten Tips for Staying Connected. Many of my business clients tell me that what they missed most when they started their businesses was the camaraderie of an office setting. Small businesses often start with the owner as the only employee.
Akron City Directory
© 2012 - 2018 All Rights Reserved