auctions Akron, Ohio listings, estate sales Akron, Ohio, surplus liquidations Akron, Ohio
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Some sell on eBay to clean out their garage or attic. Some sell to make a little extra money here and there. But for some, eBay represents a chance to create a second income or start a home business. Product choice is important. But to really increase profit you must know how to increase the number and amount of bids per item. An eBay seller must maximize each product's profit margin. This article describes techniques to make as much profit as possible.
1. Sell like products at the same time. Bidders look to see what else you have for sale they might be interested in. Combined shipping saves postage for the buyer. Packing in the same box saves time and packing costs for the seller.
2. Bundle a less desirable item with a more desirable item increases sales. This is an old offline auction technique. If the bidder wants the better item he has to buy both. If two sellers offer the same item, the buyer bids on the two item auction. Bundling two low cost items together also increases bids. A buyer may not be willing to pay shipping for one item, but would for two.
3. Remember seasonal issues. Don't sell snow skis in July, water skis in January. Be sure to offer seasonal items early enough to allow for shipping. Don't expect to sell many Christmas items that must be shipped during the second week of December.
4. Understand profit margins. Don't buy to resell for only a $5 profit when you can make $20 on a different item. Determine your desired monthly income and choose products appropriately. Want to make 1000 a month? That is $250 a week. That's ten successful actions at $25.00 profit, or five items at $200 a month, or ten items at $100 each. Also packing 10 items takes less time than packing 20 items. Always consider time as a cost.
5. Don't forget back end sales and secondary products. Offer similar products during the payment process or on your auction store/web site. If you sell underground fences for dogs, an up-sell item is a customized collar. A secondary product could be a pet door. Another secondary product could be a ebook on "Travel Safely With Your Pet". A back-end sale to the ebook could be a item that helps your family travel safely with your pet.
6. The List - For many successful online sellers the mailing list is where their money is made. Using a auto responder, sellers automatically email customers on their list at regular intervals. Including content with announcements of upcoming sales increases back end sales. Once a customer buys, they are more likely to buy again from same person or company.
7. Customer demographics should be considered. Collectors have expectations non-collectors don't. Example, some book buyers that are allergic like to see "book from non-smoking home" in ad. This would earn you a higher bid. What does the customer expect to see in a description?
8. Auction terms and conditions should be included with each auction. What shipping options are available? Do you take questions? Do you ship only certain days? What kind of payments do you take? Type whatever standard terms you offer in a word processor and cut and paste into your auctions. This saves time. For some sellers, typing the content for each auction is one of the most time consuming tasks.
Profit involves keeping costs reasonably low and creating higher bids. We've described some techniques for increasing profit. Sit down and mentally run through the process of auction selling and come up with some of your own ideas. eBay is a great business opportunity but like any business, sellers must be wise in their product choice and sales techniques.
Author info: L. C. Peterson is a writer and web marketing consultant. Her sites include http://www.new2auctions.com, http://www.LCPeterson.com, and http://www.publishingebooks.com. For more information on online marketing, content and ebook creation and online auctions take a look.
Crow River Media
First online auction for unclaimed property
Crow River Media
Fahey Sales, Glencoe, is managing the Minnesota Department of Commerce's first online auction of unclaimed property from abandoned safe deposit boxes. The auction features jewelry, coins and collectible items, including a Joe Montana rookie sports card ...
First moonwalker Neil Armstrong's memorabilia heads for auction
The personal collection of Neil Armstrong, the first man to have set foot on the moon, is to be sold in a series of auctions later this year and in 2019. The artefacts on offer range from those associated with Armstrong's historic 1969 lunar landing to ...
10 Cleveland Indians items from the past up for auction
CLEVELAND, Ohio - Among the hundreds of items up for bidding via Lelands auctions are 10 nostalgic Cleveland Indians pieces all dating more than 60 years. Some go back more than 100 years. We include lot numbers if you want to read more about the ...
One giant sale: Neil Armstrong's collection goes to auction
Defiance Crescent News
The personal collection of Armstrong, who died in his native Ohio in 2012, will be offered for sale in a series of auctions handled by Dallas-based Heritage Auctions, beginning Nov. 1-2 and continuing in May and November 2019. The collection includes a ...
Dubai collector to auction Star Wars action figures worth Dhs1 million
Consider yourself a Star Wars fan? Well, you probably don't have anything on one anonymous Dubai resident who has put up their entire collection of Star Wars action figures for auction next month. The 33-piece collection, which features mint condition ...
Beef producers facing rising feed prices, lower sale prices at local auctions
COLLEGE STATION — A convergence of weather and market conditions have put a number of Texas beef producers in a tough spot, facing rising supplemental feed prices and lower sale prices at local auctions, according to Texas A&M AgriLife Extension ...
Dubai collector to auction world's rarest prototype Star Wars action figures
A Dubai resident will auction the world's rarest Star Wars action figure prototypes next month in a sale that is estimated to raise as much as $360,000. The 33-piece collection belonging to the owner, who wishes to remain anonymous, includes the rarest ...
Sydney auction clearance rate rises to almost 60 per cent as buyers bid up scarce blue chip homes
Property buyers bid up the prices of scarce homes in Bondi, Mosman and other prized pockets of the city on the weekend. More confident bidding at auctions in blue chip areas helped to jump-start the Sydney weekend auction clearance rate. The ...
Armstrong's artifacts, momentos go to auction
Morning Journal News
The personal collection of Armstrong, who died in his native Ohio in 2012, will be offered for sale in a series of auctions handled by Dallas-based Heritage Auctions , beginning Nov. 1-2 and continuing in May and November 2019. The collection includes ...
ThisWeek Community News
Get a look at the Neil Armstrong keepsakes headed to auction
ThisWeek Community News
All of the memorabilia was authenticated by Sarasota-based Collectibles Authentication Guaranty, a grading and encapsulating service that pored over the Armstrong Family Collection, which is consigned to Heritage Auctions in Dallas ahead of a worldwide ...
RELATED AUCTION INFORMATION ARTICLES:
eBay - Tapping Into The Japanese Collector Market
If you owned a skateboard shop in your local mall would you put a big sign in the window saying "No Baggy Pants Allowed"? Of course not. If you did you would be eliminating 50% or more of your most avid potential customers.
Online Auction Fraud
eBay sales may have grown 51% last year over the previous year, but general online complaints jumped by 66.6% over the previous year to some 207,000+ complaints in 2004.
Can You Really Make Money Selling New Release CDs & DVDs On eBay?
Being an active eBay user, I am often being asked about products to sell. A common question is "Where can I purchase products such as new release CD's DVD's and Video Games for Playstation and X box at a 75% to 100% discount.
From eBay Zero To Power-Selling Hero: What It Takes
Have you ever wondered what it takes to be "the best of the best"; to out compete everyone who tries to do what you are doing--and to keep them guessing exactly what it is that makes you so much better? If you've ever owned a commercial website before, you know who these people are: they're the ones who sell the same product as you, but make $200,000 each year doing it. They have top rankings on search engines, flocks of loyal visitors, and a mailing list with 500,000 subscribers.
5 Reasons Why Playing Music On Your Auctions Is A Bummer Of An Idea
There are 147 million registered users on eBay, and tens of millions of those are desperately fighting to make sales on eBay. When trying to make their auction listings as powerful as possible, many sellers use ill-advised tactics.
Seven Steps to eBay Selling Success
More and more people try their luck at selling on eBay everyday. With all of that growing competition it is important that you do everything possible to make sure that you stand out from the crowd.
Killer Tips To Succeed With eBay Auction
For just a moment, try to comprehend the power of the Internet. Every day, there are millions of people from around the globe "surfing the web.
The Webs Best Online Auction Sites
The best online auction links for buyers and sellers are - not surprisingly - eBay, eBay and eBay. eBay began the entire wacky world of online auctions back on the Labor Day weekend of 1995.
8 Collectible Dolls That Sell Well on eBay
From the beginning, eBay's primary growth came from the collectibles market. There are two basic models for eBay sales:1.
What eBay Can Teach Us About Success
I flew back to New York from Atlanta a few weeks ago and picked up 'Business 2.0' magazine for the flight.
Selling on eBay - Have You Found the Magic Formula Yet?
Selling on eBay can be very profitable and a great way to make some cash while clearing your house of unwanted items at the same time. It's quite simple, just describe and photograph your items and seven to ten days later you'll get a payment though paypal or by check posted to you.
7 Simple Steps To Profit Without Your Own Product
Most people do not succeed on the internet because they are selling products no one desperately wants. If you want to be truly successful sell only things that people really really really want to buy! Sounds simple? It is.
Save on eBay Fees with Free Image Hosting
Experienced sellers at online auction sites such as eBay will tell you that the single most effective tool of persuasion is a good image. Multiple images are even better.
Four Reasons Why You Should NEVER Use Animations In Your eBay Auctions
Inexperienced auction sellers, or those lacking in confidence, often want to make their auction listings more dramatic and exciting. They dread the possibility that buyers will be bored by their auction and turn away with indifference.
Royal Memorabilia - An eBay Prince or Pauper?
There has always been a fascination with royalty and as a niche area for collecting and auction trading, it is still a relatively accessible market. And it can also be extremely interesting.
Photos on my eBay Auctions: How Do I Add Them?
On another forum I'm involved with, someone's asked a great question: I want to sell products on eBay, but I want to include photographs with my items. How do I do that? What kind of camera do I need, and what settings should I use? The first step is to buy a digital camera.
Do You Sell Tires By Mail? Maybe You Should eBay
I just received an interesting email from eBay and it got me thinking..
Everything You Need To Know About eBay Money Making Opportunities
eBay money making opportunities are simply the best thing to come along since the wheel. Seriously, everybody from grandmothers to middle school kids are cashing in on what's been called the $14 billion eBay pie.
The Down Side Of Using Dropshippers In The eBay Auction Arena!
Ok, let me just say right up front that I am not against drop-shipping! I love the concept. If you are dealing with a particular wholesale drop-shipping distributor that is serving your eBay ambitions well, then hold onto that company with bonds of steel, for truly good drop-shippers are hard to find! Drop-Shipping sounds like the utopian business model.
How To Sell Santa's Slip-Ups
Shoppers spent more than $15.5 billion this Christmas on gifts on the Internet alone.
Find used office equipment in Ohio at www.OfficeJax.Has.It
Find the best fleamarkets at www.FleaMarketWorld.Has.It
Find electric powered vehicles at www.NoGas.Drives.It
Surplus Outlet Directory
5th Avenue Flea market
Find homes for rent
|[Back to Top]
Triplet jeweler's loop's
auction Akron Ohio
auctions Akron Ohio