Pets Information Channel:
More free online ebooks tips articles:
Advertising | Affiliate revenue sharing | Auctions | Best Tips and Home Remedies | Blogging | Crafts & Hobbies | Currency Trading | mesothelioma lung cancer and asbestos | Mortgage and refinance | Pets | Web Site design
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Please check back frequently as new topics are added and current topics are updated daily.
A well-train dog usually leads a happier and healthier life and its owner also can enjoy a trouble-free life long companion. Dog training - basic obedience, house and potty training are therefore essential and important to a dog's education.
The conventional method of dog training tips and guide would be to list a series of things that you should "Do" and you might even know the A-Z of dog training! But sometimes what should be done can be said best by telling what should not be done. Hope you agree with me!
This article seeks to list 18 "Don't" when you train your dog. The reasons for the don'ts will become evident as the lessons continue and each one is based upon the distinctive psychology of the dog's mind.
1. DON'T punish your dog while you are angry or lack control of yourself.
2. DON'T punish your dog with the lead or any instrument of training or anything he should associate with duty or pleasure.
3. DON'T sneak up on your dog or grab him from the rear.
4. DON'T chase your dog to catch him; he must come to you or run after you.
5. DON'T coax your dog to you and then turn upon him with the whip. You will regret the deception.
6. DON'T trick or fool or taunt your dog. It is cruel and inconsistent to tease your dog to come to you when he can not.
7. DON'T punish a dog by stepping on his paws needlessly. They are exceedingly sensitive. Don't twist his ears playfully or otherwise. Never strike him on the backbone, in the face or on the ears.
8. DON'T grab your dog or reach for him quickly. He should never fear his master, should not be made nervous by his master, and should feel that punishment given is deserved.
9. DON'T nag your dog; don't be giving orders to him constantly; don't pester him with your shoutings.
10. DON'T praise a dog for doing a certain act, then at a later time, scold him for doing the same act. If you permit him to bite your toes today and think it fun, do not strike him for doing it tomorrow, when you are not in good humor. Consistency is a chief virtue in dog training.
11. DON'T train your dog immediately or soon after he has eaten.
12. DON'T lose patience with a puppy younger than six months. Never throw or kick a puppy nor lift him by the head or leg or skin of the neck.
13. DON'T train him in feats requiring much strength or endurance until he is at least six months old.
14. DON'T work your dog without some short rest or play periods during training. A five-minute rest for every fifteen minutes of training is desirable.
15. DON'T permit everyone to give commands to your dog. While you are training him, he must be a one-man dog, depending on you alone to feed him and care for him.
16. DON'T consider tricks the chief end or the chief part of training. Usefulness is the object sought in all instruction of the dog. Acts that spring naturally from the dog's instincts are to be fostered.
17. DON'T expect your dog to be a wonderful dog after a few weeks of training; four months to a year may be necessary in order to make the master proud of him, but the work is worth the effort. Training never ends.
18. DON'T jump to the conclusion that your dog is dumb. He may differ with you believing that the trainer should know more than the dog.
To end, try to remember these 18 Don'ts rules, enjoy training your dog and most importantly have lots of fun along the way!
About the Author:
Moses Chia is a dog lover and owner of Dog. SobedienceTraining.com - The dog training resource site for a happier and healthier dog. You are welcome to reprint this article if you keep the content and live link intact.
RELATED PET ARTICLES FROM THE PET INFORMATION CHANNEL::
The Neurotic Dogs
When pondering whether my neurosis is learned or genetic, I often turn to the family dogs, Frazier (9) and Jake (4), and see the likelihood of a learned origin. My parents' characteristic anxiety has effectively seeped into both dogs' personas.
Correcting Cats Bad Behavior: How To Discipline Your Cat; Youll Be Happy; Your Cat Will Be Too!
At some time or another even the sweetest cat "misbehaves." Ironically, a cat's bad act is usually quite normal behavior for her, but may have a result humans don't like or want.
6 Common Dog Emergencies
Sure, you may be a master of human First Aid. But do you know what to do in a dog health emergency?Approaching Dog Health Emergencies: Two StepsIn any dog health emergency, stay calm and think.
Greyhound Adoption - Great Dogs, Great Cause
History: Throughout the US and in many parts of the world, greyhounds are used as racing dogs to support gambling. In the United States alone, there are roughly 40 dog tracks and hundreds of puppy farms and training facilities around the country.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Puppy
So you'd like to know how to build a dog house? Well, that means we're talking to less than 50% of all dog owners. Why? Because current survey information at OpinionTrone says most dog owners (over 50%) allow their pets on the family couch.
A Moving Experience: Making Your Move Easy on Your Parrots
Moving is about as stressful a time as any in our lives and the lives of our fids. Having just completed moving the "gang" into a new house, I thought I would share some of the things that helped our move go smoothly.
Five Fast Facts About the Cavalier King Charlies Spaniel
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are not cheap. On average you can expect to pay $2,000-$3,000 for one.
How To Adopt A Shelter Cat - Your New Cat Will Thank You For Reading This Article
If you are thinking of adding a feline to your family, consider adopting a cat from your local animal shelter or humane society. The animals have been carefully screened for adoptability and have usually been worked with to enhance sociability.
Hamsters and their quest for world domination
"Hamsters?!" I hear you say. "Who cares about some fury little rodents.
Quality Dog Food Is Essential For The Health Of Dogs
Dog food is very important for the health of dogs. It is easy to overlook it, but it is essential to pick the right dog food for your pet dog.
Aquarium Supplies Part 1 -- My First Experience With Bettas
Keeping fish as pets takes more than just feeding them and changing the water every once in a while. Sadly, many people aren't aware of that and they just buy aquarium fish because they're attractive.
Secrets of Kitty Body Language
Kittens communicate in a very distinct way. Did you know that every twitch, every purr, every motion actually means something.
Mommy, Can I Keep That Stray Dog?
How many times have you seen this situation where a child comes through the door with a dog in tow? It looks skinny and skittish and is in need of a good meal and a bath. The child is looking with big eyes imploring, pleading, and desperately wanting a yes.
You Cant Fool A Horse
By Jeffrey Rolo copyright 2004 Alpha Horse. In the dating world many men and women put their potential partners to a "dog test," whereby they introduce their date to their dog and see how the dog reacts to the stranger. If the dog reacts badly towards their date then a red flag is waved, whereas if the dog accepts the stranger instantly the opposite holds true.
Is A Premium Dog Food Really That Much Better For Your Dog?
==========The Scoop on Premium Dog Food========If you're interested in premium dog food, then I probably don't have to tell you about the importance of diet in keeping your dog active and healthy. You already know you want something better than "average" for your furry friend.
Cockatiels are one of the most lovable pets in the world. They are a valuable treasure to the owner.
The Dangers of Canine Parasites
When you get a puppy, one of the first things that you need to do is make an appointment with the vet to get your new family member his or her vaccinations. Along with any recommended shots, your cuddly canine will probably get a dose of a de-worming formula to rid them of any internal parasites.
Does Your Bichon Frise Eat His Own Poop?
Hi,I'm Janet CombsMy mother bred and raised Bichon Frises for 23 years. I have been a Bichon Frise breeder for 13 years.
Puppy Care 101
Puppy CarePuppy care can be a lot of work, but is also quite rewarding. This article should answer a lot of your questions you might have about your new puppy, or the puppy you are thinking about getting.
Horse Stable keeping
It is very important to decide whether to keep your horse with you or choosing a nearby stable that would accommodate your horse. It all depends upon the size of your property and the amount of money that you can spend.
Find used office equipment in Ohio at www.OfficeJax.Has.It
Find the best fleamarkets at www.FleaMarketWorld.Has.It
Find electric powered vehicles at www.NoGas.Drives.It
Katrina's pet sitting and house sitting services Akron Ohio
Find homes for rent
Northwest Veterinary Practice
|[Back to Top]
|akron ohio pet supply pet store littlest pet shop pet store supply pet shop adoption pet insurance pet grooming pet pet virtual pet services pet shop groomers pet care pet medication pet adopt pet food pet product cemetery pet sale health pet animal pet bed pet carrier pet name pet door pet nutrition pet wonder general pet memorial pet scan boarding grooming pet teacher pet plus supply gate pet friendly hotel pet exotic pet medicine pet discount pet sound pet tag dog pet supply wholesale pet hotel pet rescue bird pet sitter pet boarding pet online pet store boarding pet sitting pet care salt water aquariums fresh water aquariums pet health pet meds pet classifieds pet id pet tag dog free pet puppy pet loss pet related services animal pet rabbit pet turtle pet sex little pet shop exotic pet store dubai pet travel pet place own pet services sitting flea dip pet pharmacy food natural pet products pet training pet shelter pet finder animals pet rat clothes pet pet stroller pet shampoos health insurance pet fish pet lost pet grooming mobile pet banfield hospital pet hospitals free pet stuff pet finder pet supermarket pets allowed pet kennel pet contest pet photo free pet online pet edge pet grooming pet cat pet holistic veterinarian pet care for your pet sitting eye nose ears pet finder dog clothing Westminster dog show online pet store dog eating feces? bad dog behavior problems? puppies for sale Westminster kennel dog itchy itchyitchydog baghdad dog insider dog training tips remedies report reviews recommended procedures|