Mortgage and Refinancing Information Channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Bad Credit Mortgage Lender - What to Look For
If you have less than perfect credit and are looking to get approved for a mortgage loan, be careful not to make some common, costly mistakes. When dealing with sub-prime mortgage lenders or bad credit mortgage lenders, many people are taken advantage of because of their eagerness to get approved.
Choosing and settling on a mortgage lender or mortgage broker is a very important decision. Make sure you don't make mistakes that you will regret later. Ask yourself, the mortgage broker or lender these questions before you sign on the dotted line:
1. Is there a pre-payment penalty on the loan? Ask about this as soon as you are told you are approved. A 6 month pre-payment penalty is probably ok, but 1 year, or two years? Over 1 year is too long. Find out how much the pre-payment penalty is. Maybe its not much. But if there is one, its most likely to be so much, that it would defeat the purpose of refinancing the loan before the penalty time is up. If you are get a mortgage loan with a poor credit score, and then make your mortgage payments on time, you are likely to be able to refinance in 6 months to 1 year for a much better interest rate. You don't want to hurt your chances of doing that with a heavy pre-payment penalty. Sometimes brokers will neglect to tell you about one.
2. What will the interest rate be? Sounds obvious, but lock down exact numbers. Don't settle for vague answers on this. Brokers may promise you a low interest rate, but as it gets closer, end up locking you in at a much higher rate. If you are doing a combo loan, 80/20, the second mortgage may end up being the one that has an interest rate that surprisingly jumps up as it gets close to the loan closing. Try to negotiate a lower interest rate, especially if you are going through a mortgage broker, they will usually have some play in this area.
3. Is my mortgage broker being too pushy? If you feel your broker is being too pushy, there may be something in the loan that is not in your best interest. Ask a lot of questions and don't be afraid to start searching elsewhere. When getting a mortgage loan, you don't want to be in too big a hurry.
4. Can I afford the payment even I am not able to refinance for a lower rate within 2-3 years? Many people get into a sub-prime mortgage loan with a higher interest rate, just because they are happy to get approved, only to feel suffocated later, when they cannot refinance and get out from under the high payment. If you don't think you could make the payment for at least the next 2-3 years with no problem, then you shouldn't be getting into the loan.
5. What are my closing costs going to be, exactly? Bad credit mortgage lenders and mortgage brokers know that the person they are extending the loan to doesn't have as many options. These lenders and brokers can sometimes take advantage of that fact by upping the fees at closing. Make sure you see what all of your fees are going to be in writing before you commit to the loan. Compare those fees with other lenders and make sure they are comparable. If there are a little high, try negotiating with your mortgage lender or broker. They will usually be able to make changes there if they choose to.
It helps to choose a bad credit mortgage lender based on a referral based on a referral, one who has a good reputation. Choose a company with a long standing reputation and make sure you feel comfortable working with them.
There are many lenders now, who specialize in bad credit mortgage loans. These are the best lenders to start with.
Written by Carrie Reeder, owner of http://www.abcloanguide.com, an informational website on mortgage loans, with articles and lists of recommended bad credit mortgage lenders.
MORE RESOURCES updated Thu. November / 26 / 2020
Today's mortgage refinance rates don't budge for fourth consecutive day | November 24, 2020 - Fox Business
Mortgage And Refinance Rates Today, Nov. 25 | Rates falling The Mortgage Reports
Today’s mortgage refinance rates keep sinking, reaching 37-day low | November 13, 2020 - Fox Business
Today's mortgage refinance rates stay low — with one key rate dropping further | October 28, 2020 - Fox Business
Today's mortgage refinance rates stay low — with one key rate dropping further | October 28, 2020 Fox Business
Today's mortgage refinance rates stay low with the election underway | November 3, 2020 - Fox Business
Today's mortgage refinance rates stay low with the election underway | November 3, 2020 Fox Business
Today's mortgage refinance rates stay at 30-day low as final votes are tallied | November 6, 2020 - Fox Business
Today's mortgage refinance rates stay at 30-day low as final votes are tallied | November 6, 2020 Fox Business
Refinancing your mortgage? Don’t make this mistake Fox Business
Today's mortgage refinance rates rise as votes continue to be tallied | November 4, 2020 - Fox Business
Today's mortgage refinance rates rise as votes continue to be tallied | November 4, 2020 Fox Business
What to do with your mortgage refinance savings Bankrate.com
The formula I used to decide on refinancing my mortgage Business Insider
Today's mortgage rates — one rate on an upswing | November 24, 2020 FOX 13 Tampa Bay
Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Third-Quarter Earnings Rise on Mortgage Refinance Boom - The Wall Street Journal
Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Third-Quarter Earnings Rise on Mortgage Refinance Boom The Wall Street Journal
Refinancings drove up home mortgage apps last week The Real Deal
Galvin warns Mass. homeowners of looming refinance fee Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News
Do you need an appraisal to refinance a mortgage? FOX 13 Tampa Bay
If You Can’t Qualify for a Conventional Refinance, Try These Two HARP Program Replacements - NextAdvisor
If You Can’t Qualify for a Conventional Refinance, Try These Two HARP Program Replacements NextAdvisor
Today's mortgage rates remain at 44-day low | November 20, 2020 KTVU San Francisco
The Trump administration may privatize Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — and it could disrupt the nation’s housing-finance system - MarketWatch
The Trump administration may privatize Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — and it could disrupt the nation’s housing-finance system MarketWatch
Rising Mortgage Delinquencies to Show Up in 2021 Credit Union Times
Bad Credit Mortgage Lenders | The 6 Best Lenders Of 2020 The Mortgage Reports
Mortgage refinance: Everything you need to know Fox Business
How to refinance your mortgage Fox Business
How to get the best mortgage refinance rates Fox Business
How much can you save by refinancing your mortgage? Fox Business
4 ways to get lower mortgage refinance rates Fox Business
How do I get the most out of my mortgage refinance? Fox Business
The best mortgage refinance lenders of November 2020 Business Insider
Today's mortgage refinance rates mixed — one key rate drops while two inch upward | October 22, 2020 - Fox Business
Today's mortgage refinance rates mixed — one key rate drops while two inch upward | October 22, 2020 Fox Business
10 things to know before refinancing your mortgage Fox Business
Today's mortgage refinance rates hold steady at unprecedented lows | October 16, 2020 - Fox Business
How often can you refinance your mortgage? Fox Business
Today's mortgage refinance rates crawl upward — two rates rise from unprecedented lows | October 21, 2020 - Fox Business
Today's mortgage refinance rates crawl upward — two rates rise from unprecedented lows | October 21, 2020 Fox Business
The Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure: Your Guide Credible News
Is now a good time to refinance your mortgage? Fox Business
Mortgage refinancing is about to get more expensive Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
When should you refinance your mortgage? Fox Business
How to refinance your mortgage without closing costs Fox Business
A record number of borrowers can now save on a mortgage refinance, as rates set another historic low - CNBC
A record number of borrowers can now save on a mortgage refinance, as rates set another historic low CNBC
Don't let mortgage rates distract you. You should also consider this when refinancing - Fox Business
How to Refinance Your Home | Home Lending Chase News & Stories
Refinance your home before December 1 to avoid paying a new fee Business Insider
Can I Refinance My Mortgage With Bad Credit? NextAdvisor
Compare Today's Mortgage Refinance Rates: Nov 15 Credible News
How does mortgage refinancing work? Bankrate.com