Mortgage and Refinancing Information Channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Buying a Home With Bad Credit - Get Approved With a Recent Bankruptcy or Foreclosure
A few years ago, if you had a bankruptcy or a foreclosure on your credit report, you could forget about trying to get a mortgage loan. If you were lucky enough to find someone who would finance you, your interest rate would be through the roof and plan on putting 10-20% down.
But today, this is not the case. There are many programs available today to help people who have recently suffered a bankruptcy or foreclosure to get a mortgage loan or mortgage refinance loan.
There are two things to do if you are in this situation:
1. Get yourself a free copy of your credit report from all 3 major credit bureaus, look over everything, do you see any mistakes? Make sure everything included in your bankruptcy or foreclosure reports accurately on your credit report. Make sure those accounts involved in a bankruptcy or foreclosure are not showing something else like collection or charge-off.. That could make your score much lower than it needs to be. If you have a bankruptcy or foreclosure, you want everything involved to say so, so it is all under 1 circumstance, instead of many. You can dispute all errors on your credit report online nowadays. It takes about 15 minutes. You can do it right on the website of Equifax, TransUnion or Experian.
2. Once you have checked your credit reports, apply only to places that submit your application to many lenders. Every time your credit report is pulled, it will knock your credit score down a little. If you apply to a mortgage service that will submit your application to many lenders, then you only have one credit inquiry and can receive offers from up to 4 lenders per application.
Frequently asked questions are:
1. Will I have to make a large down payment? Not necessarily. If you can get your credit score above a 600, you should easily be able to get 100% financing, even if it has been less than two years since your bankruptcy or foreclosure. If your score is above a 580, you might still be able to qualify for 100% financing.
2. What kind of interest rate can I expect? Depending on your credit score and whether you have any down payment or not, I have heard of situations with a credit score as low as 585 with no down payment and an interest rate as low as 7.25%. That was quoted in March of 2005.
3. Can I get cash out? On a purchase, not likely. On a refinance, depending on your amount of equity, that is very possible.
There are many lenders who specialize in bad credit mortgage loans. To view our list of recommended bad credit mortgage lenders, visit this page: bad credit mortgage loans. These are the best lenders to apply with.
Written by Carrie Reeder, Owner of http://www.abcloanguide.com. Carrie's website is an informational mortgage loan website. Her website has articles and a list of recommended mortgage lenders for people with low credit scores.
MORE RESOURCES updated Sat. December / 09 / 2023
Mortgage rates are falling at fastest pace since the 2008 crash Business Insider
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 9, 2023 | Latest Jobs Report Points to Lower Rates in 2024 - Business Insider
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 9, 2023 | Latest Jobs Report Points to Lower Rates in 2024 Business Insider
What Is A Reverse Mortgage? Bankrate.com
Can You Get A Mortgage Without A Job? A Complete Guide Zing! Blog by Quicken Loans
Mortgage Refinance Rates: Compare Current Rates Business Insider
Does Refinancing A Mortgage Hurt Your Credit? Bankrate.com
When to Refinance Your Mortgage: 5 Times to Consider It Business Insider
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 6, 2023 | Rates Down Ahead of Next Week's Fed Meeting - Business Insider
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 6, 2023 | Rates Down Ahead of Next Week's Fed Meeting Business Insider
Best Mortgage Refinance Lenders of December 2023 Business Insider
Mortgage refinance demand spikes as rates fall Greater Baton Rouge Business Report
15-Year Mortgage Rates: Compare Current Rates Business Insider
Mortgage refinancing: What is it, and how does it work? CNN Underscored
How soon can you refinance a mortgage? CNN Underscored
How much does it cost to refinance a mortgage? CNN Underscored
Top Auto Loan Refinancing Lenders NerdWallet
US Mortgage Refinance Demand Surges 14% as Interest Rates Hit Lowest Point since August - Coinspeaker
Refinance Appraisal: How It Works And What To Expect Bankrate.com
Is Now a Good Time for a Mortgage Refinance? NerdWallet
Refinance mortgage applications hit two-month high Mortgage Professional
Mortgage Rate Forecast for 2024 USA TODAY
A strategy to buy a home and set up a future refinance Community Voice
Current Student Loan Interest Rates in December 2023 Business Insider
Current national mortgage and refinance rates, November 27, 2023 | Majority of rates rise - Bankrate.com
Current national mortgage and refinance rates, November 27, 2023 | Majority of rates rise Bankrate.com
MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Weekly Survey Calculated Risk
15-Year Mortgage Refinance Rates: Compare Current Rates Business Insider
The Great Pandemic Mortgage Refinance Boom - Liberty Street Economics Liberty Street Economics -
Current VA refinance rates today Business Insider Africa
Mortgage refinance: What is it and how does it work? Yahoo Finance
Home Loans For Single Moms | 2023 Programs And Assistance The Mortgage Reports
VA loan refinance: What is it and how does it work? Yahoo Finance
Will Mortgage Rates Go Down in 2024? What Homebuyers Should Expect Business Insider
How To Choose The Right Kind Of Refinance For You Bankrate.com
When Should You Refinance Your Mortgage? Bankrate.com
The best mortgage lenders for refinancing in December 2023 CNN Underscored
7 Ways To Refinance A Mortgage With Bad Credit Bankrate.com
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 7, 2023 | Rates Low So Far This Month - Business Insider India
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 7, 2023 | Rates Low So Far This Month Business Insider India
What Credit Score Do I Need To Refinance? Bankrate.com
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, November 30, 2023 | Rates Dip Even Further as Markets Eye Fed Cuts - Business Insider
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, November 30, 2023 | Rates Dip Even Further as Markets Eye Fed Cuts Business Insider
Best Mortgage Refinance Lenders In 2023 Bankrate.com
How Long Does It Take To Refinance A House? Zing! Blog by Quicken Loans
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 1, 2023 | Rates Fall Further, Boosting Affordability - Business Insider
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 1, 2023 | Rates Fall Further, Boosting Affordability Business Insider
Cash-out refinance: How does it work? CNN Underscored
Do I Need Money Down To Refinance My Mortgage? Bankrate.com
Should You Refinance Halfway Through Your Mortgage? Bankrate.com
How Soon Can I Refinance My Mortgage? | Mortgages and Advice | U.S. News - U.S News & World Report Money
How Soon Can I Refinance My Mortgage? | Mortgages and Advice | U.S. News U.S News & World Report Money
2 Reasons Why a Free Mortgage Refinance Could Be Right for You The Motley Fool
What To Know About Second Home Refinancing Bankrate.com
Refinancing To Avoid Foreclosure: FAQs Zing! Blog by Quicken Loans
Should you refinance your home after divorce? Here's what happens to your mortgage after untying the knot - CNBC
Should you refinance your home after divorce? Here's what happens to your mortgage after untying the knot CNBC
Cash-Out Refinance For Home Improvements Bankrate.com
What's The Cost To Refinance A Mortgage? Zing! Blog by Quicken Loans
CFPB Mortgage Report Finds Jumps in Closing Costs and Denials for Insufficient Income, Growing Proportion of Cash ... - Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
CFPB Mortgage Report Finds Jumps in Closing Costs and Denials for Insufficient Income, Growing Proportion of Cash ... Consumer Financial Protection Bureau