Best Business Tips and Strategies information channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
1. Get to know people. First meet those people in your department and then those in departments you interface with. Listen more than you talk. Ask lots of questions and get clarification if necessary so you truly understand how the office/department/business works.
2. Don't try to change everything at once. Be open to learning "their" way before you suggest "your" way.
3. Get in synch with your bosses priorities. What are his/her expectations of you? Make sure you are living up to them.
4. Have lunch with different people in the organization. Learn the "unwritten rules" of your new workplace.
5. Learn about the culture. Seek out those people who have been there a long time and schedule time to talk with them.
6. Get to know the key players. Seek out people both inside and outside your area who have roles that are critical to your team's success. Ask for their support and offer yours to them.
7. Identify the critical challenges. Develop a plan that shows the way you will address your most critical challenges and the time frames that you expect completion. Share this with your boss.
8. Complete a project. Select at least one visible project to be completed within your first 60 days in the job.
9. Take care of yourself. Create a schedule for yourself that includes time off and good self-care. Changing jobs is stressful so include activities that you know reduce stress for you i.e. proper rest, exercise, good diet, family time etc.
10. Celebrate your success! Feel good about what you have accomplished. Confidence is an important part of your success in your job.
Alvah Parker is a Business and Career Coach as well as publisher of Parker's Points, an email tip list and Road to Success, an ezine. Parker's Value Program© enables her client to find a career that is fun, fulfilling and profitable. Her clients are managers, business owners, sole practioners, attorneys and people in transition. Alvah is found on the web at http://www.asparker.com. She may also be reached at 781-598-0388.
10 Things To Do When Business Slows Down Over The Holidays
I'm sure you've seen it happen every year: your business slows down during predictable times, like the summer vacation months or year-end holidays. For the self-employed who rely upon steady cash flow, this can be a disconcerting time.
Top Ten Ways to Manage Interruptions
So many people I worked with said they got more work done at home than in the office. That was because there were so many interruptions in the office.
7 Tips for Home Business Start-up Success
1) Prepare a realistic business plan. Think of this as your business road map.
Ten Tips on Delegating Work
One way to manage your time more effectively is to delegate work to others on your staff or to contract workers you hire for specific projects. How often I hear such comments as, "It takes too much time to delegate.
Top Seven Reasons to Publicize your Business with Articles
Do you want to be #1-10 on Google and other search engines? Do you want quadruple your Web sales in five months? Promote your business to the top with these 7 reasons to write and submit how-to articles. 1.
Top 7 Ways to Profit from Foreign Trade
Here are seven excellent ways to earn income from international trade.1.
7 Secrets to Writing Inventory Procedures
What would You do with $1,000,000With $1 Million would you:? Pay off debt?? Purchase new equipment?? Invest/save for the future?? Give yourself a bonus?$1,000,000 Waiting in the Wings. What do you and your business need that you have been putting off because you don't have the money today? $1,000,000 certainly would fill those needs. But where do you find $1,000,000 just lying around your business right now? Well, you probably have $250,000 in each of four areas in your everyday business, and you don't even realize it.
10 Marketing Tips For Your Business
Here are a few ideas to get you started, all with low or no cost, which should especially help you in the early days of your business.This is by no means an exhaustive list, but is just a few ideas to start you off.
The Top Ten Reasons to Hire a Coach
1. You have a big goal and you want someone to support you.
Top 10 Ways Websites Makes Me Suffer
I believe some people create and publish websites for the sole purpose of tormenting their visitors. Browsing various websites and navigating the Web can often be like trying to read on an airplane while a kid kicks the back of your seat and the baby next to you alternates between screaming, crying and drooling on you.
1 Step Program to Achieve All of Your Goals
In Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen's original "Chicken Soup for the Soul," I am reminded of the short story titled "Another Check Mark On the List." This is a story about a 15-year-old boy named John who, on one rainy day, when it was too wet outside to play, he decided to write a list of goals.
Your Leadership Shopping List
'Tis the season to give. And finding the right gift to give the people on your team can be challenging.
10 Steps for Business Owners to Take if They Are a Victim of Identity Theft
Be aware that 40 million crooks obtained credit card numbers this past year, "Be Suspicious". Also be aware that most identify theft is not reported, especially when it involves family members, so the statistics are off.
The 10 Benefits of Cross Cultural Training
Cross cultural differences can and do impede upon communication and interpersonal relationships. In the business world this occurs daily, where people from different cultures interact and are expected to perform and make decisions.
5 Tips to Manage and Organize E-Mail
How do you focus on your urgent e-mail and organize the rest for your review? Think about how you handle your paper mail. You probably sort your paper mail quickly before you read it to figure out what to look at first, what to read later, and what to throw away.
Start Your Own Website in 10 Easy Steps
If you're a beginner, starting a website doesn't have to be difficult. If you begin with a good idea and take it step-by-step, you'll reap the rewards of a popular website.
11 Things Small Business Owners Can Learn From Michael Dell
1. Think Big - In college, Michael Dell said he wanted to "beat IBM.
Top Ten Tips for Improving Your Cash Flow
Cash is king-so they say. If you work for yourself or someone else, you need to be aware of ways to improve the cash flow.
10 Incredibly important business basics EVERYONE needs to know BEFORE they start a business!
In my career, I have had a total of 3 businesses myself and a few others where I am in partnerships. Each time you start a business the basics are pretty well the same.
Seven Keys to Get Out of a Rut
Rut -- a routine procedure, situation, or way of life that has become uninteresting and tiresome..
Akron City Directory
auction news and listings for Akron, Ohio
Akron crafts and hobby news center
Advertising and promotions Akron, Ohio
The Akron blogging news center
Akron Ohio web site design news
Akron Mortgaging and refinancing
Best Home Remedies and do it yourself tips
© 2012 - 2023 All Rights Reserved