We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
There's no doubt about it - the first page your site visitors see is the most important page of your website. If your home page isn't appealing, chances are the rest of your pages will never even be seen by your visitors. It helps to think of your home page as the "front door" to your online business. Will it invite people to come in and look around, or persuade them to take their dollars elsewhere? Here are ten tips for making your home page a winner:
1) Don't keep them waiting. Obey the "Eight Second Rule" (the one that says your Web page should load in eight seconds or less even over slower modems). Otherwise the viewer will probably lose patience and click the "stop" button.
2) Identify yourself. The first order of business is to identify your company and products or services. Let the viewer know they've arrived at the right destination and give them an idea of what you have to offer.
3) Make a good first impression. Your color scheme, design, graphics, and text should all contribute to a favorable first impression and convey the right corporate image. Your site visitors will probably decide within 5 to 10 seconds whether to stay and look around, so you've got to keep them interested.
4) Provide a preview. Use links, text and graphics to give the viewer an idea of your website's contents and encourage them to explore the rest of your site.
5) Don't make a splash. Don't make your first page a "splash page" (meaning a large graphic containing little or no text that's designed to act as a gateway to the rest of your site). Your visitors won't be impressed and neither will the search engines.
6) Lead the way. Provide obvious ways for your visitors to move to the various section of your website (links, a site map, site search feature, etc.). You want them to come in and look around, so make it easy for them to find their way.
7) Don't waste the space. A monitor screen doesn't give you a lot of space, so use the available space for content with the maximum impact for your home page -your product line, main benefits, competitive advantage, etc.
8) Don't link away. You work hard to get people to visit your home page, so don't lose them right off the bat by giving them the opportunity to link away to another site. Put reciprocal links, ads, etc. on other pages deeper within your site.
9) Start selling. From the moment a visitor arrives at your home page, you should begin leading them toward the sale. Write concise but powerful copy that goes beyond telling to selling and emphasizes benefits to the user. Conider posting a special offer on your opening page.
10) Be kind to search engines. Including accurate title, description, and keyword meta tags in your HTML code, plus relevant content, will go a long way toward getting your site indexed properly by search engines, and that will lead visitors to your virtual doorstep. Remember that many search engines use "spiders" to explore your website automatically, so your home page must include links to the other section of your website.
Atlantic Cape offers graphics and web design workshops this fall
Shore News Today
MAYS LANDING— Atlantic Cape Community College will offer a series of web and graphic design workshops for individuals interested in learning about photo manipulation and website creation. Introduction to WordPress teaches participants the power and ...
Brutalist Web Design Finally Gets A Takedown
Some designers even consider websites like Bloomberg, Drudge Report, and Adult Swim to exemplify Brutal web design. Earlier this year UX designer Pierre Buttin brutalized the designs of popular websites—Twitter, Google, Tinder—just for the fun of it.
SEO & Web Design Consultancy Geniuses - ABC-7.com WZVN ...
August 19th, 2017 - SEO Marketing Techs offer the best in search engine optimization services and top unique web design and development service. Our agents ...
Brainiac investigates Korean dumplings, city of Garden Grove's new web design
Shoppers like these at H Mart in Garden Grove can put in an order for fresh Korean dumplings at the Myung In Dumplings shop in the food court and go pick them up once they've grabbed what they need for home. Photo by MIGUEL VASCONCELLOS / FOR ...
An Intro to Minimalist Web Design
Business 2 Community
There's no single definition of minimalist web design. It's less a meticulously defined set of guidelines than a set of general principles that can be applied to any situation. That said, there are a number of features that are frequently (though not ...
Business 2 Community
Web Design: Native, Hybrid or Responsive, What Format Is Made For Your Mobile Application
Business 2 Community
Native, hybrid or responsive: what format to choose to make your mobile users live a successful experience. We take stock! At some point, when designing your mobile application, you will have to decide on how you will develop the application. Your ...
How to Master Nostalgia Marketing in Web Design
Nostalgia makes users feel warm inside. Suzanne Scacca explains the user psychology behind this, and how we can utilize the effects of nostalgia marketing in web design on users for higher conversions and engagement. ———. Right now, more than ever ...
Domain Name Journal
Radix Steps Up Promotion of Their New gTLDs with Web Design Contest Offering $30000 in Prize Money
Domain Name Journal
Sandeep Ramchandani, Radix VP and Business Head, said, “We are already actively working with the global startup community through the Startup League and with tech programmers through numerous hackathons and now - with F3.space - we are focusing ...
Top real estate web design trends making their mark on 2017
We're officially more than halfway through the year. This is always a good time for companies with a website to stop and reflect on the web design trends that have come forth thus far, as well as which ones should be implemented moving forward. Before ...
PR Newswire (press release)
Clutch Recognizes Top Performing Texas Web Design Companies
PR Newswire (press release)
16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Clutch highlights the top Texas web design companies. The research uses verified client reviews and curated industry data to rank the top companies in Texas overall, and Austin and Dallas. The top 10 Texas web design companies ...
RELATED WEB SITE DESIGN ARTICLES:
Developing An Effective Physical Therapy Web Site
Physical therapists have unique web presence needs. An effective site must:* Introduce the practitioner, and outline his or her style of treatment;* Provide straightforward content establishing the practitioner's credibility;* Review services and common procedures performed by the practitioner;* Inform the prospective client of the features and value of selecting the practitioner as a service provider;* Offer immediate contact option, including a web e-mail form;* Display office location complete with photos, address, and driving direction.
Effective Website Design
In this era of ultra-sophisticated internet marketing and web design, there is no excuse for an e-business to suffer with an ineffective website. Whether your goal is to present a basic business website that briefly introduces and describes your company and product, or you endeavor to develop a fully-functioning cash-cow storefront, there is a wide array of design choices to cater to all of your needs.
Why Stock Photography is a Great Resource for Web Business
A picture is worth a thousand words.And it still is today.
Do You Own Your Web Site Design?
Your web site has been up for a few months and you are making money hand over foot. While surfing sites one evening, you are shocked to find a competitor using your design.
Designing Your Websites Directory Structure
Any kid, and their grandmother too, can make a webpage. There are many "wysiwyg" webpage design application that let you create a webpage as easy as typing text.
How Not To Get Web Design Work
I get the occasional web design lead from my website. I wanted to find a company I could pass these onto.
The Contrast And Similarities Between A Web Designer And Web Programmer
The concept of web designing based on the nature and rapid growth of the Internet is nothing to boast of any more. This is because of the large number of web sites published to the Internet everyday, so as to showcase one's presence and dominance on the World Wide Web.
The Proper Way to Use Images
Most people will agree there is nothing more annoying than going to a site and it taking forever and a day to download all the images just so you can see the site. Then after waiting, realizing that the site is completely ugly, irrelevant,or not what you thought is was, and wasting your time.
Three Things You Must Do When Designing and Building Your Small Business Website
If you are going to have a web presence for your small business, it only makes sense that it should actually help you get more business. In order to do so, your website design should focus on performing only one function - and that's to convey your sales message to your site visitors in an effective and efficient manner.
Don't Overdo it!
Have you ever been to site with so much ad clutter that you wanted to just leave? Odds are you have, and odds are even better that you did in fact leave! Always refer back to the KISS philosphy. Keep It Simple Stupid!1.
Choosing Your Web Design
We would all like to have the best looking website, that's a fact - but if we keep in mind that our main objective is to finally sell our product or service online, we'll realize that maybe design is not the most important factor when it comes to achieve this objective.Professional design is probably the most time conuming part of the web development, so my first tip would be, before you are contacting a Web Design Company, to browse the Internet for companies which offer similar services and products - you will find probably hundreds of them - save in your Favorites four or five websites which you really like, print out these, and show the printouts to as many people as you can, especially to your existing customers, and ask them which one it's more likely is to make them take an action (contact, buy, subscribe) on the site.
Having A User Friendly Website
Let's look at what your user wants to see at your website.1.
How to Choose a Website Design Company
The internet is full of web design companies pleading for your business. They all look great! Not sure which company to select? By following these simple steps, you'll be able to select the perfect designer for your business.
Why Web Pages Appear in the Wrong Location after Uploading to my Website?
If your are a new web designer, you may face a common problem after uploading your web page to your web server. The problem is that the web page appear in the wrong location on your website, and will not be accessible when you type its address in the browser address box.
Creating a Favicon
Once, I attempted to create a favicon (the little graphic in the URL address box) for this Web site, but never did finish the work until now. I used a free program that allowed me to copy and paste an image to create an icon, but I believe it has spyware so I won't share its name.
How to Force Your Visitors to Order Immediately!
This may comes as a surprise to you but, if you're using popups on your website (which you should), then chances are you're using them all wrong. Almost everybody is.
Web Design: Should You Hire Someone or Do It Yourself?
So you need a website. You are not sure if you should hire someone or learn HTML and do it yourself.
Recipe For A Good Looking Web Site
We've all surfed the web and seen some awful web sites. Sites that never completely loaded.
Design vs Content: Who is KING?
Well it is not Elvis, that's for sure.I am a firm advocate of good design but most of the time people tend to interpret design as amazing graphics and astounding visuals they tend to forget that design is the culmination of every aspect of good and effective presentation into one.
Web Design Tips To Boost Your Sales
The way you design your web site affects your visitors' online experience. As each visitor to your site is a potential customer, the easier they find your web site to use and the more they enjoy being on it, the higher the chance that they will make a purchase.
Click here to
Find used office equipment in Ohio at www.OfficeJax.Has.It
Find the best fleamarkets at www.FleaMarketWorld.Has.It
Find electric powered vehicles at www.NoGas.Drives.It
Find advertising supplies below wholesale in Akron, Ohio
Akron University of Akron university housing available
Text Link Ads