We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
There's no doubt about it - the first page your site visitors see is the most important page of your website. If your home page isn't appealing, chances are the rest of your pages will never even be seen by your visitors. It helps to think of your home page as the "front door" to your online business. Will it invite people to come in and look around, or persuade them to take their dollars elsewhere? Here are ten tips for making your home page a winner:
1) Don't keep them waiting. Obey the "Eight Second Rule" (the one that says your Web page should load in eight seconds or less even over slower modems). Otherwise the viewer will probably lose patience and click the "stop" button.
2) Identify yourself. The first order of business is to identify your company and products or services. Let the viewer know they've arrived at the right destination and give them an idea of what you have to offer.
3) Make a good first impression. Your color scheme, design, graphics, and text should all contribute to a favorable first impression and convey the right corporate image. Your site visitors will probably decide within 5 to 10 seconds whether to stay and look around, so you've got to keep them interested.
4) Provide a preview. Use links, text and graphics to give the viewer an idea of your website's contents and encourage them to explore the rest of your site.
5) Don't make a splash. Don't make your first page a "splash page" (meaning a large graphic containing little or no text that's designed to act as a gateway to the rest of your site). Your visitors won't be impressed and neither will the search engines.
6) Lead the way. Provide obvious ways for your visitors to move to the various section of your website (links, a site map, site search feature, etc.). You want them to come in and look around, so make it easy for them to find their way.
7) Don't waste the space. A monitor screen doesn't give you a lot of space, so use the available space for content with the maximum impact for your home page -your product line, main benefits, competitive advantage, etc.
8) Don't link away. You work hard to get people to visit your home page, so don't lose them right off the bat by giving them the opportunity to link away to another site. Put reciprocal links, ads, etc. on other pages deeper within your site.
9) Start selling. From the moment a visitor arrives at your home page, you should begin leading them toward the sale. Write concise but powerful copy that goes beyond telling to selling and emphasizes benefits to the user. Conider posting a special offer on your opening page.
10) Be kind to search engines. Including accurate title, description, and keyword meta tags in your HTML code, plus relevant content, will go a long way toward getting your site indexed properly by search engines, and that will lead visitors to your virtual doorstep. Remember that many search engines use "spiders" to explore your website automatically, so your home page must include links to the other section of your website.
Webflow Integrates Code-Free E-Commerce Tools Into Its Web ...
Webflow is adding smooth e-commerce tools into its already comprehensive and code-free web design platform.
This Web Design Company Is Launching Its Own Ecommerce ...
The Best Resources for Learning Web Design
These helpful online resources can help you learn and design your business's website in no time. Any business that doesn't have some sort presence on the internet is at a serious disadvantage, especially without an official website. While social media ...
This startup does $10 million in annual revenue with almost no investor money — now it's trying to reinvent how web ...
Webflow, a break-even company that took relatively little venture capital financing, expects to reach a $20 million annualized revenue run rate this year. This week, Webflow unveiled a new tool to make it easier for web developers to set up online ...
Five Web Design Trends To Kick Off 2018 - Forbes
Forbes Communications Council Communications, PR, public affairs & media relations execs share tips. Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own. Post written by. Amahl Williams. Vice President of Smarketing for Pluris Marketing · Amahl ...
2440 Media Celebrates its 16th Anniversary of Providing Great Web Design Services from Pittsburgh, PA
GlobeNewswire (press release)
PITTSBURGH, March 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 2440 Media offers website design for all types of businesses throughout the US and today marks their 16th year of providing top quality products and internet solutions to both small businesses and ...
2440 Media Celebrates its 16th Anniversary of Providing Great Web ...
Top Web Design Companies Recognized for Excellence by 10 Best ...
PR Newswire (press release)
SAN FRANCISCO, March 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Businesses and their brands rely on heavily on their web presence to capture the eyes and attention of target audiences. That is why so many turn to one of the web's largest online industry magazines for ...
South Florida Business Journal
About the List: Web design trends revolve around consumer wants
South Florida Business Journal
So, it comes as no surprise that the top current trends in web design all revolve around the way an audience directly interacts with a website. Consumers want their sites to be responsive, mobile-friendly, visually appealing and have a direct focus ...
19 Free Web Design Tools from Winter 2018
Utilizing free resources from the design community is a good way to add value to your website. Here is a list of new web tools and design elements from winter 2018. There are designer and developer apps, fonts, content tools, and more. All of these are ...
Use These Web Design Tricks to Grow Your Business Exponentially
Growing any business is, well, tough business. You've got your hand in every pot while simultaneously wearing every hat. You're worrying about marketing strategies, product creation and growth plans, all in the same day. Related: 39 Quick Ways to ...
Web Design Specialist
We are looking for a smart, self-starter who loves to learn and get stuff done. Function 5 is a full-service website hosting and design company that is disrupting the market. We believe that all businesses should have great looking websites. With our ...
RELATED WEB SITE DESIGN ARTICLES:
Developing An Effective Physical Therapy Web Site
Physical therapists have unique web presence needs. An effective site must:* Introduce the practitioner, and outline his or her style of treatment;* Provide straightforward content establishing the practitioner's credibility;* Review services and common procedures performed by the practitioner;* Inform the prospective client of the features and value of selecting the practitioner as a service provider;* Offer immediate contact option, including a web e-mail form;* Display office location complete with photos, address, and driving direction.
Effective Website Design
In this era of ultra-sophisticated internet marketing and web design, there is no excuse for an e-business to suffer with an ineffective website. Whether your goal is to present a basic business website that briefly introduces and describes your company and product, or you endeavor to develop a fully-functioning cash-cow storefront, there is a wide array of design choices to cater to all of your needs.
Why Stock Photography is a Great Resource for Web Business
A picture is worth a thousand words.And it still is today.
Do You Own Your Web Site Design?
Your web site has been up for a few months and you are making money hand over foot. While surfing sites one evening, you are shocked to find a competitor using your design.
Designing Your Websites Directory Structure
Any kid, and their grandmother too, can make a webpage. There are many "wysiwyg" webpage design application that let you create a webpage as easy as typing text.
How Not To Get Web Design Work
I get the occasional web design lead from my website. I wanted to find a company I could pass these onto.
The Contrast And Similarities Between A Web Designer And Web Programmer
The concept of web designing based on the nature and rapid growth of the Internet is nothing to boast of any more. This is because of the large number of web sites published to the Internet everyday, so as to showcase one's presence and dominance on the World Wide Web.
The Proper Way to Use Images
Most people will agree there is nothing more annoying than going to a site and it taking forever and a day to download all the images just so you can see the site. Then after waiting, realizing that the site is completely ugly, irrelevant,or not what you thought is was, and wasting your time.
Three Things You Must Do When Designing and Building Your Small Business Website
If you are going to have a web presence for your small business, it only makes sense that it should actually help you get more business. In order to do so, your website design should focus on performing only one function - and that's to convey your sales message to your site visitors in an effective and efficient manner.
Don't Overdo it!
Have you ever been to site with so much ad clutter that you wanted to just leave? Odds are you have, and odds are even better that you did in fact leave! Always refer back to the KISS philosphy. Keep It Simple Stupid!1.
Choosing Your Web Design
We would all like to have the best looking website, that's a fact - but if we keep in mind that our main objective is to finally sell our product or service online, we'll realize that maybe design is not the most important factor when it comes to achieve this objective.Professional design is probably the most time conuming part of the web development, so my first tip would be, before you are contacting a Web Design Company, to browse the Internet for companies which offer similar services and products - you will find probably hundreds of them - save in your Favorites four or five websites which you really like, print out these, and show the printouts to as many people as you can, especially to your existing customers, and ask them which one it's more likely is to make them take an action (contact, buy, subscribe) on the site.
Having A User Friendly Website
Let's look at what your user wants to see at your website.1.
How to Choose a Website Design Company
The internet is full of web design companies pleading for your business. They all look great! Not sure which company to select? By following these simple steps, you'll be able to select the perfect designer for your business.
Why Web Pages Appear in the Wrong Location after Uploading to my Website?
If your are a new web designer, you may face a common problem after uploading your web page to your web server. The problem is that the web page appear in the wrong location on your website, and will not be accessible when you type its address in the browser address box.
Creating a Favicon
Once, I attempted to create a favicon (the little graphic in the URL address box) for this Web site, but never did finish the work until now. I used a free program that allowed me to copy and paste an image to create an icon, but I believe it has spyware so I won't share its name.
How to Force Your Visitors to Order Immediately!
This may comes as a surprise to you but, if you're using popups on your website (which you should), then chances are you're using them all wrong. Almost everybody is.
Web Design: Should You Hire Someone or Do It Yourself?
So you need a website. You are not sure if you should hire someone or learn HTML and do it yourself.
Recipe For A Good Looking Web Site
We've all surfed the web and seen some awful web sites. Sites that never completely loaded.
Design vs Content: Who is KING?
Well it is not Elvis, that's for sure.I am a firm advocate of good design but most of the time people tend to interpret design as amazing graphics and astounding visuals they tend to forget that design is the culmination of every aspect of good and effective presentation into one.
Web Design Tips To Boost Your Sales
The way you design your web site affects your visitors' online experience. As each visitor to your site is a potential customer, the easier they find your web site to use and the more they enjoy being on it, the higher the chance that they will make a purchase.
Click here to
Find used office equipment in Ohio at www.OfficeJax.Has.It
Find the best fleamarkets at www.FleaMarketWorld.Has.It
Find electric powered vehicles at www.NoGas.Drives.It
Find advertising supplies below wholesale in Akron, Ohio
Akron University of Akron university housing available
Text Link Ads