Mortgage and Refinancing Information Channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
5 Steps to Getting on Top of your Mortgage
Getting on top of your mortgage so you can pay your loan off faster and potentially save thousands of dollars on your home loan is possible with a plan and consistent effort. There are mortgage reduction strategies that you can put into place that will ensure that your loan is paid off more quickly without putting a huge strain on your current budget. The following tips are designed to help you pay off your mortgage as quickly as possible.
1. One of the most important things you can do to accelerate paying off your mortgage is to make a more frequent repayments. If you can arrange to make weekly payments as opposed to monthly payments you'll actually end up making the equivalent of 13 monthly payments each year instead of 12 therefore saving you money by reducing the term your loan. In order for this to be effective it is important that you make sure that your home loan has interest that is calculated daily. You do not want a home loan that calculates interest on an average monthly balance.
2. The second thing you should do to speed up paying off your home loan is to make extra payments whenever possible with any extra money but you might come by. For example you might use your tax return, a bonus from work, or an inheritance to make an extra lump sum payment on a loan. This will go a long way toward reducing the principal of your loan. If your loan has a redraw facility you will have the flexibility of being able to access these extra payments if necessary.
3. Another thing you can do in order to reduce the principal of your loan is to have your regular income paid directly into your loan balance. You could then use a credit card to pay your daily expenses. At the end of each month you can then withdraw the money using the redraw facility and pay off the credit card. By keeping this money on your loan for as much time as possible you will be reducing both the term of the loan and interest that you're paying.
4. You can have an immediate impact on the principal of your mortgage on the day that you settle by simply making your first payment that same day.
5. Continue paying at least the original installment amount even if interest rates drop causing your repayment installments to drop also.
If you follow these strategies regularly over the term of your loan you will significantly reduce the mortgage as well as the interest you pay.
Copyright 2005 by Robert Scott, LoanSense.com.au
Check out Robert's LoanSense website that is dedicated to helping borrowers get the best possible deal on a Home Loan in Australia.
MORE RESOURCES updated Sat. December / 09 / 2023
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 6, 2023 | Rates Down Ahead of Next Week's Fed Meeting - Business Insider
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 6, 2023 | Rates Down Ahead of Next Week's Fed Meeting Business Insider
Can You Get A Mortgage Without A Job? A Complete Guide Zing! Blog by Quicken Loans
What Is A Reverse Mortgage? Bankrate.com
Current Mortgage Rates Money
How soon can you refinance a mortgage? CNN Underscored
Mortgage Demand Increases As Rates Dip to 7.17% Kiplinger's Personal Finance
Mortgage refinance demand spikes as rates fall Greater Baton Rouge Business Report
Mortgage refinancing: What is it, and how does it work? CNN Underscored
How much does it cost to refinance a mortgage? CNN Underscored
A strategy to buy a home and set up a future refinance Community Voice
Top Auto Loan Refinancing Lenders NerdWallet
US Mortgage Refinance Demand Surges 14% as Interest Rates Hit Lowest Point since August - Coinspeaker
Refinance Appraisal: How It Works And What To Expect Bankrate.com
Is Now a Good Time for a Mortgage Refinance? NerdWallet
Refinance mortgage applications hit two-month high Mortgage Professional
Mortgage Rate Forecast for 2024 USA TODAY
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 3, 2023 | Rates Remain Low After Dropping Last Week - Business Insider
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 3, 2023 | Rates Remain Low After Dropping Last Week Business Insider
How Soon Can You Refinance a Mortgage Loan? 2023 Rules The Mortgage Reports
Current Student Loan Interest Rates in December 2023 Business Insider
Mortgage Loan Originators: What Do They Do? Zing! Blog by Quicken Loans
Mortgage rates are falling at fastest pace since the 2008 crash Business Insider
MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Weekly Survey Calculated Risk
Current national mortgage and refinance rates, November 27, 2023 | Majority of rates rise - Bankrate.com
Current national mortgage and refinance rates, November 27, 2023 | Majority of rates rise Bankrate.com
Refinance applications surge to 2-month high National Mortgage News
Current VA refinance rates today Business Insider India
15-Year Mortgage Refinance Rates: Compare Current Rates Business Insider
Home Loans For Single Moms | 2023 Programs And Assistance The Mortgage Reports
The Great Pandemic Mortgage Refinance Boom - Liberty Street Economics Liberty Street Economics -
Mortgage refinance: What is it and how does it work? Yahoo Finance
VA loan refinance: What is it and how does it work? Yahoo Finance
Will Mortgage Rates Go Down in 2024? What Homebuyers Should Expect Business Insider
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 7, 2023 | Rates Low So Far This Month - Business Insider India
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 7, 2023 | Rates Low So Far This Month Business Insider India
The best mortgage lenders for refinancing in December 2023 CNN Underscored
How To Choose The Right Kind Of Refinance For You Bankrate.com
When Should You Refinance Your Mortgage? Bankrate.com
What Credit Score Do I Need To Refinance? Bankrate.com
7 Ways To Refinance A Mortgage With Bad Credit Bankrate.com
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, November 30, 2023 | Rates Dip Even Further as Markets Eye Fed Cuts - Business Insider
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, November 30, 2023 | Rates Dip Even Further as Markets Eye Fed Cuts Business Insider
Best Mortgage Refinance Lenders In 2023 Bankrate.com
How Long Does It Take To Refinance A House? Zing! Blog by Quicken Loans
Current FHA interest rates Business Insider India
Compare today's mortgage and refinance rates, November 24, 2023 - Majority of rates increase - Bankrate.com
Compare today's mortgage and refinance rates, November 24, 2023 - Majority of rates increase Bankrate.com
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 1, 2023 | Rates Fall Further, Boosting Affordability - Business Insider
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 1, 2023 | Rates Fall Further, Boosting Affordability Business Insider
Cash-out refinance: How does it work? CNN Underscored
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 2, 2023 | Rates Are Down, and They Should Drop More in 2024 - Business Insider
Mortgage Interest Rates Today, December 2, 2023 | Rates Are Down, and They Should Drop More in 2024 Business Insider
FHA Cash-Out Refinance Guide Bankrate.com
2 Reasons Why a Free Mortgage Refinance Could Be Right for You The Motley Fool
How Soon Can I Refinance My Mortgage? | Mortgages and Advice | U.S. News - U.S News & World Report Money
How Soon Can I Refinance My Mortgage? | Mortgages and Advice | U.S. News U.S News & World Report Money