Mortgage and Refinancing Information Channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
5 Steps to Getting on Top of your Mortgage
Getting on top of your mortgage so you can pay your loan off faster and potentially save thousands of dollars on your home loan is possible with a plan and consistent effort. There are mortgage reduction strategies that you can put into place that will ensure that your loan is paid off more quickly without putting a huge strain on your current budget. The following tips are designed to help you pay off your mortgage as quickly as possible.
1. One of the most important things you can do to accelerate paying off your mortgage is to make a more frequent repayments. If you can arrange to make weekly payments as opposed to monthly payments you'll actually end up making the equivalent of 13 monthly payments each year instead of 12 therefore saving you money by reducing the term your loan. In order for this to be effective it is important that you make sure that your home loan has interest that is calculated daily. You do not want a home loan that calculates interest on an average monthly balance.
2. The second thing you should do to speed up paying off your home loan is to make extra payments whenever possible with any extra money but you might come by. For example you might use your tax return, a bonus from work, or an inheritance to make an extra lump sum payment on a loan. This will go a long way toward reducing the principal of your loan. If your loan has a redraw facility you will have the flexibility of being able to access these extra payments if necessary.
3. Another thing you can do in order to reduce the principal of your loan is to have your regular income paid directly into your loan balance. You could then use a credit card to pay your daily expenses. At the end of each month you can then withdraw the money using the redraw facility and pay off the credit card. By keeping this money on your loan for as much time as possible you will be reducing both the term of the loan and interest that you're paying.
4. You can have an immediate impact on the principal of your mortgage on the day that you settle by simply making your first payment that same day.
5. Continue paying at least the original installment amount even if interest rates drop causing your repayment installments to drop also.
If you follow these strategies regularly over the term of your loan you will significantly reduce the mortgage as well as the interest you pay.
Copyright 2005 by Robert Scott, LoanSense.com.au
Check out Robert's LoanSense website that is dedicated to helping borrowers get the best possible deal on a Home Loan in Australia.
MORE RESOURCES updated Thu. March / 30 / 2023
Mortgage App Volume Improves for Fourth Consecutive Week Mortgage News Daily
Today's Mortgage, Refinance Rates: March 29, 2023 | Rates Inch up Slightly but Remain Low Overall - Business Insider
Today's Mortgage, Refinance Rates: March 29, 2023 | Rates Inch up Slightly but Remain Low Overall Business Insider
Refinancing your mortgage could save you thousands — here are some of the best refinance lenders - CNBC
Refinancing your mortgage could save you thousands — here are some of the best refinance lenders CNBC
11 Home Refinance Loans For Bad Credit BadCredit.org
Here’s how sharply mortgage refinancing has dropped off Yahoo Finance
Today's refinance rates tick lower : March 24, 2023 Bankrate.com
Ally Auto Refinance Review 2023 - Loans Business Insider
Mortgage refinancing to boom even higher MacroBusiness
Should You Co-Sign on a Loan? U.S News & World Report Money
Should I Refinance My Mortgage? - Buy Side from WSJ The Wall Street Journal
Mortgage Refinance Rates SFGATE
Today's Mortgage, Refinance Rates: March 26, 2023 | Rates Down Business Insider
Today's Mortgage, Refinance Rates: March 24, 2023 | Rates Drop ... Business Insider
Today’s 30-year mortgage refinance rates hit lowest levels in 15 days | Oct. 28, 2022 - Fox Business
Today's Mortgage and Refinance Rates: February 26, 2023 | As ... Business Insider
CFPB Launches Effort to Spur New Opportunities for Homeowners ... - Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
CFPB Launches Effort to Spur New Opportunities for Homeowners ... Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Today's Mortgage and Refinance Rates: March 19, 2023 | Rates ... Business Insider
Today's Mortgage and Refinance Rates: March 22, 2023 | Rates ... Business Insider
Analysis | It Will Pay to Wait to Refinance Your UK Mortgage The Washington Post
Trends in Mortgage Refinancing Activity Freddie Mac
VA Refinance Rates - Current VA Loan Refinance Rates Today Business Insider
Small Business Loan Refinance Bankrate.com
Refinance Closing: An Overview Zing! Blog by Quicken Loans
Current 15-Year Refinance Rates Today Business Insider
Heloc vs. Cash Out Refinance Credible
Refinance Rates, Dec. 13 | Rates falling today The Mortgage Reports
Mortgage refinancing dries up Fox Business
7 Refinancing Programs for Seniors Total Mortgage
Mortgage Giant Rocket Plunges Back to Earth, Hit by Rising Rates The Wall Street Journal
When Should You Refinance an Adjustable-Rate Mortgage ... U.S News & World Report Money
Mortgage Rate Buydowns Are Back Bankrate.com
Mortgage Rates: When should you refinance your mortgage? Marca English
Understanding A No-Appraisal Refinance Zing! Blog by Quicken Loans
Can You Refinance a Reverse Mortgage? Investopedia
When to Refinance Your Mortgage (and When You Shouldn't) Business Insider
10 Tips For Refinancing Your Mortgage Zing! Blog by Quicken Loans
HELOC vs. Cash-Out Refinance | Which Is Better In 2023? The Mortgage Reports