by: www.OfficeJax.Has.It The online surplus outlet store home and office desks partitions furniture ps3 bicycles jewelry diecast models and collectables
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Craft Fairs, Bazaars & Flea Markets? Oh, My!
Many names are associated with events such as these. Craft Fairs, Bazaars, Flea Markets and Swap Meets are a few names you can find. Whatever the name they all mean the same thing. They allow you to meet new and interesting people (hopefully customers), spend quality time with your family and more of course most importantly make some extra cash. But, before you debut your first table at one of these events, getting yourself prepared is the first step. The following is a guideline you can follow to help make sure you're ready.
1. First of course you'll want to find events that are held in your area. This is about the easiest task of all. You're sure to find them everywhere. Check you local newspaper, browse bulletin boards, and watch for fliers.
2. Next, attend a few local events yourself. Take a look around and view things from a customer's point of view. Which tables caught your eye first and why? What sort of products/merchandise is being carried? Most importantly, what's isn't there? Try to visualize how you'd like your table to look.
3. Once you've found the event you'd like to attend, reserve your table. Most events have an event manager. Find out who's in charge and contact them. Pricing will vary from one event to the next. Be sure to find out the average attendance to make sure it's worth the money. Don't forget to ask questions such as the availability of electricity (if needed), the size of your "booth", anything forbidden?
4. Make sure you have enough inventory. Stock up on catalogs, brochures and business cards. Make a list of all the supplies you'll need. Are you going to have samples available? You can find a printable check-list at http://www.mommyshelperonline.com/event-checklist.zip.
5. Decide what types of payments are going to be accepted. Are you only accepting cash? Do you have the ability to accept credit cards? Are you going to take checks? Does your bank accept check from customers out of the area?
6. Make a lead box. Lead boxes can be a great way to gain a mailing list, future or even repeat customers. One thing you can do with you lead box is hold a contest. An easy way to make a lead box is to take an ordinary cardboard box, cover it in decorative contact paper and cut a slit in the top. Print out entry forms with blanks for name, address, phone number and email address. Of course if you offer catalog parties or home parties, be sure to have a place asking if they're interested in holding one.
7. Set up your display at home to get a feel of how it will look at the event. By doing this you can take your time in arranging and re-arranging your display so you'll be ready for the event. The look and feel of your display has a large impact on your sales.
8. Recruit family members. You can make your events more family-friendly by assigning everyone a job. Spouses are great for helping un-loading and loading your merchandise, setting up and tearing down your display. Spouse also come in handy to "watch your table" if you need to step away. Smaller children can help bag/box up products that are sold, hand out business cards and catalogs or even meet and greet customers. Don't forget to bring along some fun things for children incase of the dreaded boredom.
9. Put on a smile. Don't just sit behind your table looking bored. Smile and greet visitors as they walk by or more importantly "stop in". Ask them if they're enjoying the event, how they're doing. Be friendly.
10. Have fun!
About the Author: Anita DeFrank a mother of two and co-owner of DirectSalesHelpers.com which was created specifically for those in Direct Sales. Do you find yourself asking how to make more sales? The above is only a small taste of the wealth of information available at http://www.directsaleshelpers.com. Stop on in if you're serious about your direct sales company and want to know how you can make more sales.
MORE RESOURCES updated Sat. May / 21 / 2022
Desert Foothills Library group gets 'crafty' | Arts And Culture | thefoothillsfocus.com - Foothills Focus
Desert Foothills Library group gets 'crafty' | Arts And Culture | thefoothillsfocus.com Foothills Focus
A love for crafting becomes a retreat center business enterprise for women in Calhoun County - Second Wave Media
A love for crafting becomes a retreat center business enterprise for women in Calhoun County Second Wave Media
Why you need a new hobby The New Times
Smith, Billie Jean Campbell The Chattanoogan
5 best roller skates in 2022 Insider
Wausau area obituaries May 20, 2022 wausaupilotandreview.com
Catherine Giudici Lowe Says Husband Sean Crafts Cards from Their Kids for Mother's Day: 'Daddy Writes Them' - PEOPLE
Catherine Giudici Lowe Says Husband Sean Crafts Cards from Their Kids for Mother's Day: 'Daddy Writes Them' PEOPLE
The Western Galilee Spring Festival is here! The Jerusalem Post
'I've been working on the railroad' | News, Sports, Jobs Faribault County Register
Kimberly Sue Bearss Obituary - The Pueblo Chieftain Pueblo Chieftain
Charlotte Elaine (Quick) Elliott – Garden City Telegram The Garden City Telegram
Favorite Pastimes Among the Elderly That Might Surprise You | On The Spot (OTS) News Southport - (OTS) News Southport
Favorite Pastimes Among the Elderly That Might Surprise You | On The Spot (OTS) News Southport (OTS) News Southport
Cobblestone Crafts listed for sale after four decades for $679K HollandSentinel.com
Happening around Delta: week of May 19 – North Delta Reporter North Delta Reporter
'Elvis', Airstreamers and dueling pianos among entertainment fare Wooster Daily Record
Wanda Lee Houston | Obituaries | theworldlink.com Coos Bay World
20 Hobbies that Make Money Small Business Trends
Craft and hobby rooms are homes new hot spots Toronto Star
5 Ways to Find the Perfect Hobby for You and How to Master It MUO - MakeUseOf
Bored at home? Now's the perfect time to pick up a new hobby CNN Underscored
Craft hobbies going viral ArtsHub
West Virginia Hobbies & Crafts: A 25-year success story Huntington Herald Dispatch
Crafting is my favorite hobby Newsday
Hobby Lobby coming to Mundy Street Wilkes Barre Times-Leader
How to turn your hobby into an income stream The Guardian
We spoke to two professional knitters for the best tips and supplies for knitting beginners. - Insider
We spoke to two professional knitters for the best tips and supplies for knitting beginners. Insider
How Hobbies Infiltrated American Life The Atlantic
Endangered Crafts and the Destinations Keeping Them Alive The New York Times
Best Online Art Classes Real Simple
The young chef who, inspired by local artisans and crafts persons, has created Singapore's most innovative private dining experience - Channel NewsAsia
The young chef who, inspired by local artisans and crafts persons, has created Singapore's most innovative private dining experience Channel NewsAsia
One Size Does Not Fit All: Hobby and Craft Books 2021 Publishers Weekly
Hobby Lobby confirms 2023 opening in Wilkes-Barre Twp. Wilkes-Barre Citizens Voice
Hobby Lobby Raises Minimum Wage to $18.50 Business Wire
The most boring professions and hobbies, according to scientists Business Insider
New Year, new hobbies to explore The Rice Thresher
Michaels Arts and Crafts Chain Launches Advertising Business Business Insider
South Lansing Farmers Market hosts winter arts and crafts market Lansing State Journal
Irving-based Michaels will compete with Etsy by selling makers' creations The Dallas Morning News
Hobbies and Leisure Activities Help My Sister Manage Parkinson's... Parkinson's News Today
Hooked: How Crafting Saved My Life, by Sutton Foster book review The Washington Post
Most Popular Lockdown Hobbies for Women Revealed | News Craft Business
Dawn's Folly grows from hobby corner to shop selling handmade goods Port Clinton News Herald
Crafts I Intended To Try That I'll Probably Keep Putting Off www.autostraddle.com
Self-Care: Healing Without Medicine - Sentinelassam The Sentinel Assam