Best Business Tips and Strategies information channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
1. Great Things Take Time - Three years passed between the release of each movie in the two trilogies, and a lot of work went in to them. Be patient?and keep working hard every day.
2. Play Bigger Than Life - George Lucas is only 5-foot-6, yet he made a giant impact on the movie industry. Aspire to achieve greatness, and you just might find it.
3. Background Music Is Important - The score of a film is essential to the audiences' enjoyment, and John Williams' Academy Award-winning "Star Wars" theme is legendary. Where are the opportunities in your small business to enhance the experience of your customers/clients?
4. Success Is Fleeting - "Star Wars" made Lucas rich, but not all of his projects were as successful (read: "Howard The Duck"). Be innovative, and always focus on what you do best.
5. Seek A Sage - Yoda trained the greatest of the Jedi knights. Find a mentor - or a coach - who you can depend on for wise and insightful guidance, and to hold you accountable.
6. Believe In Yourself - Luke Skywalker initially failed to understand the power was within him. Remember, you have the greatest power for making things better in your small business.
7. Loyal Employees Are Critical - R2-D2 and C-3P0 always came through for their masters. Hire the right people, inspire them to excel, and they, too, will come through for you.
8. Avoid The Dark Side - Anakin succumbed to evil and became Darth Vader. Be cautious of poor decisions that could jeopardize your small business.
9. Celebrate Success - At the end of "Star Wars," Princess Leia awards Luke and Han Solo with medals. Make sure to reward your employees for their excellence in helping you.
10. Be Slow To Anger - Han Solo warned C-3PO it's not a good idea to upset Chewbacca. While you wouldn't react like a Wookiee, maintain your composure with employees and, especially, customers.
11. Let The Force Be With You - Reach deep inside when faced with any challenges. Be true to what you know is right for your small business and the answer will usually appear.
Copyright © 2005 by Success Handler, LLC. All rights reserved.
The Coach, David Handler, is the founder of Success Handler, (http://www.successhandler.com), and specializes in helping small business leaders find clarity and take action. He understands the challenges of running a business, because he's been there - as a small business owner, franchisee, franchisor, corporate leader and trainer. Much like sports coaches, his coaching will show you how to compete on a level playing field in your industry.
Surviving When Clients Aren't Rolling In
As the holiday season starts to settle in, the workload for many Micro-Businesses can slow down. Service-based businesses in particular consider this a slow time of the year.
Top Ten Ways to Develop New Success Habits
1. Make a clear, specific commitment to what you want.
10 Compelling Reasons Not to Downsize
Almost daily, newspapers, business magazines, radio and television carry reports of corporations, large and small, that are downsizing. Their attention is chiefly focused on the impact to the employees, as they are the ones most acutely experiencing the immediate effects.
Top 10 Tips on How To Write About Yourself
Many people find it really hard to write for business and marketing purposes about themselves and/or their product or service - much harder than it is to write about someone or something else. If that sounds familiar, read on; in this article professional business writer Suzan St Maur shares her top tips on how to write about yourself and what you do, efficiently and effectively.
Top Ten Listening Skills for Speakers
Good Speakers need good listening skills to become Great Communicators. Speakers spend a lot of time developing speaking skills and often don't focus enough on the equally important communication skill of listening. As a Speaker trained in the art of listening I have put together the tips below.
The 10 Benefits of Cross Cultural Training
Cross cultural differences can and do impede upon communication and interpersonal relationships. In the business world this occurs daily, where people from different cultures interact and are expected to perform and make decisions.
How To Finally Unlock Your True Potential And Discover The Secret To Lasting Success
Did you know that there is one critical difference between average businesses and super-successful businesses? Many of the success experts who are quoted time and time again refer to this one common characteristic as the big differentiator between being mediocre and actually unlocking your true potential. Take a look at the following popular quotes and see if you can identify the common thread that ties them all together.
How To Use Bartering To Gain An Advantage Over Your Competition
If you have a business on the Internet you should be bartering goods and services with other businesses. You should always try to trade for something before you buy it.
7 Reasons You Want Referral Business and How to Get Them
Studies have proven that there is one reason why people don't do more referral business: they don't ask. There are two reasons why, they forget or they don't have a strong enough relationship with their clients, so they don't feel comfortable The truth is every professional should strive to have all of their business be referral because the benefits of referral business are undeniable and extensive.
The Top Ten Reasons to Hire a Coach
1. You have a big goal and you want someone to support you.
Ten Ways to Strengthen Your Reading Habit
Most people wish they read more. It is an activity that is both fun and enlightening.
The Top Ten Ways to Attract Buyers, Not Just Visitors to your Web Site
Have you put a lot of effort, time, and money into your site and are frustrated with low sales? If you are like many professionals out there, you know your subject; you are excellent at your craft. You have a great service and maybe a great product to sell.
Top Ten Tips for Participating in Online Business Expos
Are you ready for a BASH? Have you ever been a vendor or exhibitor at an expo, craft show or other offline event? Well, when you are a participant in an online bash or online expo - many of the same expo tips apply. Here are the Top Ten essential business expo tips for online events.
7 Things You Can Do To Weather The Lows Of A Business Cycle
Hey, as hard as this may be for you to swallow, business online is no different than a business on Main Street in your home town or city. We have good times and we have slow times.
Ten Tips for Effective Meetings
Here are ten things that you can do to hold more effective meetings.1) Avoid meetings.
The Hidden Power Of Understanding: A Secret To Building Massive Momentum In Your Business
You're busy with your business today, aren't you? You're pushing your mind and body to the limit just about everyday to handle all the activities that need to be done. But something's missing.
The Warning signs of Online Fraud and How To Avoid It
The number may seem grim for Web-based commerce. In 2004 in the Unites States alone, computer users logged in more than 207,000 Internet fraud reports to the U.
Business Meeting Etiquette
Business etiquette is essentially about building relationships with colleagues, clients or customers. In the business world, it is these people that can influence your success or failure.
Business Attire: 10 Tips to Perfect Your Look
Being appropriately dressed is essential in making good impressions in the business and corporate worlds. A polished image is important in business survival and can be an important factor in career advancement.
7 Tips for Home Business Start-up Success
1) Prepare a realistic business plan. Think of this as your business road map.
Akron City Directory
© 2012 - 2024 All Rights Reserved