Pets Information Channel:
More free online ebooks tips articles:
Advertising | Affiliate revenue sharing | Auctions | Best Tips and Home Remedies | Blogging | Crafts & Hobbies | Currency Trading | mesothelioma lung cancer and asbestos | Mortgage and refinance | Pets | Web Site design
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Please check back frequently as new topics are added and current topics are updated daily.
The 10 Greatest Puppy Training Tips of All Time According to Dog Training Experts
10) When trying to settle a puppy into a new home, providing them with a warm hot water bottle and placing a ticking clock in the room where they sleep will help to replicate the body heat and heartbeat of their litter mates and can really help them to relax in their new environment.
9) When taking your puppy to the Vet for its first inoculations, health checks etc, it is good practice to sit with your puppy on your lap and not have him or her on the floor. Apart from being able to comfort and re-assure the puppy easier in this position you must also consider the fact that there may be a number of sick animals in the surgery and your puppy is vulnerable if they come into direct contact with infectious animals that may also be in attendance at the same time as your pup. Make a very deliberate effort to ensure your puppy's trips to the vets are as fun as you can make them. Don't allow your puppy to think you are nervous or concerned, instead make a game and even take a toy to amuse the puppy with whilst they sit on your lap.
8) Always ensure from the earliest possible moment that your puppy is given his or her own, private sleeping place that is not used by anyone else in the family or another pet. Your puppy will benefit from short periods left alone in his or her 'den' with you always returning to reward the pup when he or she is relaxed and quiet.
7) Try to make sure your puppy is entertained adequately for short but regular intervals during the day. Long periods of being left unstimulated may lead to destructive or disruptive behavior later in life. Little games playing 'fetch' with the pup's favorite toy will have the beneficial affect of stimulating the pup, increasing his or her bond with you and allowing the pup to expend short, sharp bursts of energy.
6) Don't over-train your puppy. Remember, a one-year old dog is, effectively, the same as a seven-year old person. It is a good rule of thumb to keep reminding yourself 'would I expect a three, four, five or six-year old child to accomplish some of the tasks I am asking of my pup?' Manners, house-cleanliness and the very basics (including socialisation) are all you should really seek to instil in your puppy until such a time, as they are mature enough to undergo a more formal training regime. Puppies can deceive you into thinking they are ready for training but will ultimately 'rebel' against discipline as they get older. Ensuring you have taught your puppy to respond to his or her name, what is and is not acceptable in terms of house-manners and establishing an uninhibited relationship with your pup is more important than any other discipline in the early stages of any dog's life.
5) OWWWW! Teach your puppy that biting or nipping is not a pleasant experience for you by reacting as if in pain to their playful nips. Rather than scold the dog, let him or her know that nipping is not a pastime that you wish to engage in. Letting out an over-exaggerated expression of pain will more than likely shock the puppy into ceasing this behavior. You will be glad you put an end to this behavior early on instead of confronting a 'playful' 2-year-old with a full set of adult teeth!
4) Decide early on what is and is not acceptable in your house. If you don't want your pup to use the living-room sofa as a raised dog bed when they get older then don't encourage him or her to come up for fuss when they're young just because they look sweetly at you and are small enough to pick up.
3) Jumping up. All puppies love to jump out when greeting anyone. Rather than reprimand the pup, simply ignore the behavior and wait until he or she settles down and is not jumping up before lavishing any attention on them. Above all else, don't encourage the behavior by patting or praising the dog when they are in the 'jump-position' or you may run in to problems as the dog gets bigger and views jumping up as an easy way to receive attention.
2) The puppy's name will be with them for life, make sure they know it by associating it with all things pleasant and fun. In the same way dog's cotton on in a very positive way to words such as 'walkies', 'biscuits' or 'dinner-time' they should be given the same association with their own name. Too often the only time the puppy hears his or her name is when they have done something naughty. 'Jasper, stop doing that!' 'Buster, leave that alone!' It's tough but try to ensure that you NEVER use the puppy's name in a negative scenario only positive ones. Instead of 'Jasper, leave that alone!' simply, 'Leave that alone!' or better yet 'No!'. And instead of 'walkies', biscuits or 'dinner-time' try 'Jasper, biscuits!', 'Jasper, walkies!', 'Jasper, dinner-time!' Golden rule. Your puppy should associate his or her own name with all that is pleasant and fun and nothing that is negative. The word 'no' is negative and it is enough to cover all undesirable behavior.
1) From the moment your puppy comes into your life teach him that coming to you when called is nothing short of being the best thing in the world. Puppies can't resist humans who sit down on the floor with legs spread apart so, while they're easily persuaded to come by this very simple gesture, make the most of it by using their name, sparingly, but making a huge fuss when puppy arrives. Try it at times when pup is pre-occupied with something interesting and make coming back to you the most enjoyable and rewarding experience in the world for him or her. You will really see the benefits as the dog gets older.
This article was taken from K9 Magazine, the lifestyle magazine for dog lovers and is available in both digital and print formats. You can subscribe to K9 Magazine or get lots of free dog articles, features and advice at http://www.k9magazine.com
All content © K9 Media Solutions Ltd & K9 Magazine.
Beware Pets, Your Owners May Be Using You To Get Opioids
Rut-roh. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a warning about another way people may be getting access to opioid medications: through pets. Pets can't talk to vets. At least, they can't speak English or French or Spanish or Chinese or ...
People are using their pets to get opioids, FDA warns
FDA cautions people using pets to obtain opioids
FDA warns of pet owners using animals to get opioids
PACC helps homeless community provide for their pets - Tucson ...
Tucson News Now
PACC is partnering with Friends of PACC, the Primavera Foundation to provide 'Go Kits' for homeless people and their pets.
Care items needed for homeless pets in Pima County - KGUN9.com
PACC to give 'Go Kits' for homeless people, pets - KVOA.com
NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
Pets Adopted During #ClearTheShelters 2018
NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
67 PHOTOS. 5 minutes ago. NBC 5 and Telemundo 39 teamed up to #ClearTheShelters on August 18, 2018. Take a look at some of the pets adopted during the daylong event. More Photo Galleries. The Best Stadium Food Menu Items at NFL Games This ...
San Antonio Express-News
Some folks prefer to cuddle pets over partners
San Antonio Express-News
In a poll conducted by Freshpet earlier this year, more than one-third of the 2,000 pet owners surveyed said they preferred spending time with their pets over their partners, and 44 percent said they preferred to cuddle with their pets rather than ...
SF State Campus Headlines
Student explores how pets help people with autism
SF State Campus Headlines
When Gesean Lewis Woods was a child growing up in Los Angeles, the closest he got to having a pet was hiding a stray dog in his backyard and catching tadpoles in the Los Angeles River. His family did not appreciate his rescue efforts, however, and ...
Minneapolis company lets pet parents take 'fur-ternity leave'
A digital marketing company in Minneapolis has adopted a new policy that it calls “fur-ternity” leave, allowing employees with new pets to work from home. Nina Hale's policy was inspired by senior accounts manager, Connor McCarthy, Minnesota Public ...
MN Company Gives 'Fur-Ternity Leave' To Pet Parents
Martha Stewart, Mom to More Than a Dozen Animals, Will Do Anything for Her Pets But Bake
Cats, dogs, horses, peacocks, ducks, geese, chickens, canaries; Martha Stewart is Mom to them all. The self-proclaimed lifelong animal lover lives with her bevy of pets on a farm, where the animals are treated to wide open spaces and plenty of exercise.
Free Pets: Where To Adopt On Clear The Shelters Day In NoVA, DC
WASHINGTON, DC — Adoption fees will be waived at many animal shelters on Saturday, Aug. 18, around the DC metro for the fourth annual Clear the Shelters pet adoption drive. The event sponsored by NBC helps shelters nationwide find permanent and ...
Clear the Shelters: More than a 100 Chicago-Area Pets Adopted in Just Two Hours
Humans and pets alike are excited for 'Clear the Shelter' day
Pets Find Forever Homes at Benton Clear The Shelters Event
Help needed to shelter homeless pets in Snohomish County
Ruth Siedlicki got her dog Layla as a Christmas gift four years ago when life was much better. Since then, Siedlicki has been unemployed and is now living in her car. She has to give her precious gift away. "I feel like a mouse on a wheel-banging my ...
SNAP and Yellowhammer Brewery to host fundraiser for pets
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. -- A non-profit organization and brewery will host an event on Saturday to prevent an increase in homeless pets. Spay Neuter Action Project (SNAP) and Yellowhammer Brewery will host SNAP on Tap on August 18. The event will be from 6 ...
RELATED PET ARTICLES FROM THE PET INFORMATION CHANNEL::
What is Canine Bloat?Bloat refers to the bloating of the stomach. Essentially it is a build up of gas in the stomach which is unable to be released.
How To Know What Your Cat Wants When It Talks To You - Cat Communication Explained
Many people think cats are asocial, but in fact they are very social animals. They bond with other cats in their house or neighborhood, their owners, even other pets like dogs and birds.
How to Keep Your Cat Free from Diseases with Your Quick Guide to Cat Grooming
Even a cat that compulsively cleans itself can benefit from a little grooming from her owner. Cats rarely need a bath, but frequent brushing removes a lot of loose hair which would otherwise end up either shed around your home or swallowed by the cat, creating constipating hairballs.
Dog Training For Beginners
Training a dog is a fairly difficult task. Some find it to be very frustrating and simply send there dog or puppy to a professional trainer.
The Top Five Reasons to Rescue a Boxer
What if you want a Boxer, but cannot stomach the thought of housebreaking, chewed up shoes and boundless puppy energy? Have you ever heard of Boxer rescue? These organizations provide loving care (and sometimes rehabilitation) to Boxers who have been surrendered by their owners, found abandoned or rescued from harmful situations. Too many people get a Boxer for the wrong reasons and thankfully there are rescue organizations to take these dogs into their homes and provide care until a forever family can be found.
Is Your Dog Fat?
Obesity is one of the greatest health concerns facing dogs. You can and should do something about it.
7 Simple Ways To Safe Guard Your Dog This Summer!
If you have a hard time in summer imagine how it must feel under a fur coat! here are some simple tips to help your dog beat the heat.1) Bob The HairIf you have a shaggy dog like a pomeranian, Pekinese or any such variation then listen up.
Filtration Methods For The Discus Tank
Good filtration is the prime priority in the discus tank. Basically, there are three types of filtration - mechanical, chemical and biological.
How To Setup A Freshwater Tropical Fish Tank
This is an 11 step guide to setting up a freshwater aquarium in your home. Equipment you will need: Aquarium Aquarium gravel Aquarium filter Replacement filter media Heater Other decorations (such as plants) Chemical test kits Fish food Aquarium vacuum Fish net Glass Scrubber 5-gallon bucket Pasta strainer STEP 1: Realize the responsibility involved.
Beds for Smaller Dogs
All puppies are small dogs - some, however, won't be small for very long. You have to know how big your dog is going to be when it is fully grown before you can buy it a bed of its own, unless, that is, you don't mind buying your beloved canine friend a new bed every six months or so for several years.
Keeping Discus Fish Disease Free
So you want to keep discus fish or are already keeping discus fish. One of things you must do is keep your discus fish healthy and disease free.
Heartworms Alert - Know The Warning Signs To Save Your Pets Health!
Has your pet recently been coughing, eating less, or being more lethargic than usual? If so, it is possible that your pet is infected with heartworms and may need immediate help and attention. Heartworms may infect a host for up to 2 years before any signs or symptoms are visible, and often when they are diagnosed it may be too late for some pets.
Why Does My Cat Drink Dirty Water?
You know that cats should always have a supply of water, especially if you are feeding them dried food. There on your nice clean kitchen floor is a bowl of nice clean fresh water, in a nice clean bowl.
Quickstart Guide to Making Your Own Pet Food at Home
As a pet owner, no doubt you want to give your dog or cat the best care possible. And caring for your pet means feeding him the best diet you can.
The Truth About Declawing
There seems to be an alarming trend to have cats declawed..
Chicken Compared To Chicken Meal
When selecting the best dry food for your dog, why is it better to go with the chicken meal than the pure chicken? Chicken meal is simply chicken that has been baked to remove bacteria and other toxins. Chicken is simply pure chicken.
With Understanding Comes Success
One of the reasons I strongly encourage horse owners to train their own horses rather than ship them away to a professional trainer is familiarity. Quite simply, an unfamiliar party will not understand your horse nearly as well as you, and this understanding of a horse is the backbone of any successful training plan.
Dog Clothes make Great Gifts
When it comes to the art of giving, a gift of clothes is fraught with peril. We all have stories to tell, and if you don't, you will.
So You Want an American Pit Bull Terrier?
You've made up your mind, it's the American Pit Bull Terrier you want as your companion. Are you ready for this breed? Read this article and then decide if you want to go ahead with your decision.
Charming Trends in Dog Jewelry
The wearing of charms dates back to 400 or 500 BC, when they were believed to hold special powers -- particularly the power of protection. By the 1890's charms had evolved into a fashion statement and a popular keepsake.
Find used office equipment in Ohio at www.OfficeJax.Has.It
Find the best fleamarkets at www.FleaMarketWorld.Has.It
Find electric powered vehicles at www.NoGas.Drives.It
Katrina's pet sitting and house sitting services Akron Ohio
Find homes for rent
Northwest Veterinary Practice
|[Back to Top]
|akron ohio pet supply pet store littlest pet shop pet store supply pet shop adoption pet insurance pet grooming pet pet virtual pet services pet shop groomers pet care pet medication pet adopt pet food pet product cemetery pet sale health pet animal pet bed pet carrier pet name pet door pet nutrition pet wonder general pet memorial pet scan boarding grooming pet teacher pet plus supply gate pet friendly hotel pet exotic pet medicine pet discount pet sound pet tag dog pet supply wholesale pet hotel pet rescue bird pet sitter pet boarding pet online pet store boarding pet sitting pet care salt water aquariums fresh water aquariums pet health pet meds pet classifieds pet id pet tag dog free pet puppy pet loss pet related services animal pet rabbit pet turtle pet sex little pet shop exotic pet store dubai pet travel pet place own pet services sitting flea dip pet pharmacy food natural pet products pet training pet shelter pet finder animals pet rat clothes pet pet stroller pet shampoos health insurance pet fish pet lost pet grooming mobile pet banfield hospital pet hospitals free pet stuff pet finder pet supermarket pets allowed pet kennel pet contest pet photo free pet online pet edge pet grooming pet cat pet holistic veterinarian pet care for your pet sitting eye nose ears pet finder dog clothing Westminster dog show online pet store dog eating feces? bad dog behavior problems? puppies for sale Westminster kennel dog itchy itchyitchydog baghdad dog insider dog training tips remedies report reviews recommended procedures|