Mortgage and Refinancing Information Channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Buying a Home With Bad Credit - Get Approved With a Recent Bankruptcy or Foreclosure
A few years ago, if you had a bankruptcy or a foreclosure on your credit report, you could forget about trying to get a mortgage loan. If you were lucky enough to find someone who would finance you, your interest rate would be through the roof and plan on putting 10-20% down.
But today, this is not the case. There are many programs available today to help people who have recently suffered a bankruptcy or foreclosure to get a mortgage loan or mortgage refinance loan.
There are two things to do if you are in this situation:
1. Get yourself a free copy of your credit report from all 3 major credit bureaus, look over everything, do you see any mistakes? Make sure everything included in your bankruptcy or foreclosure reports accurately on your credit report. Make sure those accounts involved in a bankruptcy or foreclosure are not showing something else like collection or charge-off.. That could make your score much lower than it needs to be. If you have a bankruptcy or foreclosure, you want everything involved to say so, so it is all under 1 circumstance, instead of many. You can dispute all errors on your credit report online nowadays. It takes about 15 minutes. You can do it right on the website of Equifax, TransUnion or Experian.
2. Once you have checked your credit reports, apply only to places that submit your application to many lenders. Every time your credit report is pulled, it will knock your credit score down a little. If you apply to a mortgage service that will submit your application to many lenders, then you only have one credit inquiry and can receive offers from up to 4 lenders per application.
Frequently asked questions are:
1. Will I have to make a large down payment? Not necessarily. If you can get your credit score above a 600, you should easily be able to get 100% financing, even if it has been less than two years since your bankruptcy or foreclosure. If your score is above a 580, you might still be able to qualify for 100% financing.
2. What kind of interest rate can I expect? Depending on your credit score and whether you have any down payment or not, I have heard of situations with a credit score as low as 585 with no down payment and an interest rate as low as 7.25%. That was quoted in March of 2005.
3. Can I get cash out? On a purchase, not likely. On a refinance, depending on your amount of equity, that is very possible.
There are many lenders who specialize in bad credit mortgage loans. To view our list of recommended bad credit mortgage lenders, visit this page: bad credit mortgage loans. These are the best lenders to apply with.
Written by Carrie Reeder, Owner of http://www.abcloanguide.com. Carrie's website is an informational mortgage loan website. Her website has articles and a list of recommended mortgage lenders for people with low credit scores.
MORE RESOURCES updated Fri. August / 14 / 2020
Is Now the Time To Refinance Your Mortgage? The New York Times
Low rates drive surge in mortgage, refinance activity in Spokane Spokane Journal of Business
Don't let mortgage rates distract you. You should also consider this when refinancing - Fox Business
FHFA Drops a Bomb; Your Refi Just Got Much More Expensive! Mortgage News Daily
6 Ways to Negotiate Home Closing Costs Credible News
Refi Rates Today, August 10, 2020 | Rates drop Bankrate.com
How Regulators Might Kill 2020 Mortgage Refinance Boom Yahoo Finance
Don't make these mortgage refinancing mistakes | Business | swoknews.com The Lawton Constitution
Refi Rates Today, July 24, 2020 | Rates slide Bankrate.com
Is It Already Time To Refinance Again? Mortgage News Daily
New FHFA adverse market fee is disastrous for lenders National Mortgage News
You might have a tough time getting a 'jumbo mortgage' during pandemic. Here's what to expect - CNBC
What Is A No-Closing-Cost Mortgage? Bankrate.com
How to Refinance a Jumbo Loan Credible News
Friday's business headlines WISHTV.com
Hotels lobby for big bailout from Congress Orlando Sentinel
How the right questions yield smart mortgage... Kent Reporter
Mortgage industry faces 'tsunami' of refinancing deals Phoenix Business Journal
Mortgage refinance: Everything you need to know Fox Business
How to get the best mortgage refinance rates Fox Business
How to refinance your mortgage Fox Business
How to Decide Whether Refinancing is Right for You? Communal News
Is now the best time to refinance your mortgage? Fox Business
10 things to know before refinancing your mortgage Fox Business
5 unexpected sources of retirement income Fox Business
When should you refinance your mortgage? Fox Business
Mortgage refinance applications spike 79% as homeowners rush to take advantage of lower rates - CNBC
How does mortgage refinancing work? Bankrate.com
Should I refinance my house? Mortgage rates drop to 50-year low as coronavirus spreads across the U.S. — and the world - MarketWatch
Should I refinance my house? Mortgage rates drop to 50-year low as coronavirus spreads across the U.S. — and the world MarketWatch
Record number of borrowers can now save on a mortgage refinance as rates drop from coronavirus fears - CNBC
Record number of borrowers can now save on a mortgage refinance as rates drop from coronavirus fears CNBC
I refinanced my mortgage during COVID-19, and thanks to low interest rates I'll save about $50000 - Business Insider
I refinanced my mortgage during COVID-19, and thanks to low interest rates I'll save about $50000 Business Insider
The impact of the coronavirus on mortgage refinancings Brookings Institution
Rushing to Refinance Your Mortgage: 6 Tips and What to Avoid The New York Times
With Mortgage Rates So Low, Getting a Floating Rate Mortgage Might Seem Crazy. Here's Why I Did It Anyway - MONEY
With Mortgage Rates So Low, Getting a Floating Rate Mortgage Might Seem Crazy. Here's Why I Did It Anyway MONEY
The basics of no-closing cost mortgage refinancing Fox Business
Weekly mortgage refinance applications spike 15% as interest rates plunge to lowest in nearly 4 years - CNBC
Weekly mortgage refinance applications spike 15% as interest rates plunge to lowest in nearly 4 years CNBC
Successfully Refinancing Your Mortgage Isn’t Just About Getting A Great Interest Rate. Here’s What Else You Need To Look For - Forbes
Successfully Refinancing Your Mortgage Isn’t Just About Getting A Great Interest Rate. Here’s What Else You Need To Look For Forbes
Compare Today's Mortgage Refinance Rates: Aug 13 Credible News
Should you join the rush and refinance your mortgage now? Washington Post
What to Know in Washington: Trump, Pelosi Make Opposing Bets Bloomberg Government