Mortgage and Refinancing Information Channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
5 Steps to Getting on Top of your Mortgage
Getting on top of your mortgage so you can pay your loan off faster and potentially save thousands of dollars on your home loan is possible with a plan and consistent effort. There are mortgage reduction strategies that you can put into place that will ensure that your loan is paid off more quickly without putting a huge strain on your current budget. The following tips are designed to help you pay off your mortgage as quickly as possible.
1. One of the most important things you can do to accelerate paying off your mortgage is to make a more frequent repayments. If you can arrange to make weekly payments as opposed to monthly payments you'll actually end up making the equivalent of 13 monthly payments each year instead of 12 therefore saving you money by reducing the term your loan. In order for this to be effective it is important that you make sure that your home loan has interest that is calculated daily. You do not want a home loan that calculates interest on an average monthly balance.
2. The second thing you should do to speed up paying off your home loan is to make extra payments whenever possible with any extra money but you might come by. For example you might use your tax return, a bonus from work, or an inheritance to make an extra lump sum payment on a loan. This will go a long way toward reducing the principal of your loan. If your loan has a redraw facility you will have the flexibility of being able to access these extra payments if necessary.
3. Another thing you can do in order to reduce the principal of your loan is to have your regular income paid directly into your loan balance. You could then use a credit card to pay your daily expenses. At the end of each month you can then withdraw the money using the redraw facility and pay off the credit card. By keeping this money on your loan for as much time as possible you will be reducing both the term of the loan and interest that you're paying.
4. You can have an immediate impact on the principal of your mortgage on the day that you settle by simply making your first payment that same day.
5. Continue paying at least the original installment amount even if interest rates drop causing your repayment installments to drop also.
If you follow these strategies regularly over the term of your loan you will significantly reduce the mortgage as well as the interest you pay.
Copyright 2005 by Robert Scott, LoanSense.com.au
Check out Robert's LoanSense website that is dedicated to helping borrowers get the best possible deal on a Home Loan in Australia.
MORE RESOURCES updated Tue. September / 22 / 2020
Mortgage and refinance rates today, September 21, 2020 | Mortgage Rates, Mortgage News and Strategy - The Mortgage Reports
How to refinance your mortgage in 5 easy steps Fox Business
Mortgage lenders are adding the refinancing fee. You can still avoid it if you act now. - Bankrate.com
Mortgage lenders are adding the refinancing fee. You can still avoid it if you act now. Bankrate.com
A record number of borrowers can now save on a mortgage refinance, as rates set another historic low - CNBC
A record number of borrowers can now save on a mortgage refinance, as rates set another historic low CNBC
How to refinance your mortgage without closing costs Fox Business
How often can you refinance your mortgage? Fox Business
Mortgage and refinance rates today, September 15, 2020 | Mortgage Rates, Mortgage News and Strategy - The Mortgage Reports
Mortgage and refinance rates today, September 15, 2020 | Mortgage Rates, Mortgage News and Strategy The Mortgage Reports
How and Why to Refinance Your Mortgage: A Step-By-Step Guide ActionNewsJax.com
Refinance your home before December 1 to avoid paying a new fee Business Insider
Should you refinance your mortgage? Tennessean
Mortgage Refinance Calculator Clark.com
Complete Checklist of Mortgage Refinancing Requirements Credible News
When Should I Refinance With a No Closing Cost Mortgage? Clark.com - Clark Howard
Today's best mortgage and refinance rates - Tuesday, August 25, 2020 Business Insider
CardMatch™ | Bankrate Bankrate.com
Clark Howard’s Special Rule for Refinancing Your Mortgage Clark.com - Clark Howard
15-year mortgage rate hits new record low Bankrate.com
Millennials drive huge VA home loan refinance boost in Hampton Roads - The Virginian-Pilot - Virginian-Pilot
Millennials drive huge VA home loan refinance boost in Hampton Roads - The Virginian-Pilot Virginian-Pilot
The Uncommonly Strong Case For Locking a Mortgage Rate Mortgage News Daily
U.S. mortgage rates hold steady at historic low mark Dayton Business Journal
Home buyers: It could pay to wait out for the housing market to open up some more in 2021 - USA TODAY
Your weekly real estate roundup: Atlantic City condo, prepaying on your mortgage, Will Forte's house and more - Press of Atlantic City
Your weekly real estate roundup: Atlantic City condo, prepaying on your mortgage, Will Forte's house and more Press of Atlantic City
5 steps to take after paying off your credit card debt FOX 10 News Phoenix
Fannie's Forecast Sees a Brightening Recovery Mortgage News Daily
Mortgage refinance: Everything you need to know Fox Business
U.S Mortgage Rates Hold Steady thanks to the Dovish FED Yahoo Finance
10 ways to save money on a tight budget Bankrate.com
It’s a Great Time for Co-ops to Refinance, If… Habitat magazine
Mortgage Applications Dip in Mid- September World Property Journal
When should you refinance your mortgage? Fox Business
How to get the best mortgage refinance rates Fox Business
10 things to know before refinancing your mortgage Fox Business
Don't let mortgage rates distract you. You should also consider this when refinancing - Fox Business
State firm caps cheap mortgage at Sh4 million Business Daily
Fed's mortgage-buying spree at $1 trillion with no end in sight Pensions & Investments
Lenders Upbeat About Profits, Loan Demand Mortgage News Daily
Student Loan Refinancing Rates Hit Another New Low Credible News
Compare Today's Mortgage Refinance Rates: Sep 21 Credible News
How to get a low-cost mortgage refinance Bankrate.com
Mortgage refinancing is about to get more expensive Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
How does mortgage refinancing work? Bankrate.com
Refinancing Your Mortgage? Those Rock-Bottom Interest Rates Aren’t for You - The Wall Street Journal
Refinancing Your Mortgage? Those Rock-Bottom Interest Rates Aren’t for You The Wall Street Journal
What Is a Mortgage? Everything to Know About Home Loans Credible News
Mortgage refinance applications spike 79% as homeowners rush to take advantage of lower rates - CNBC
I refinanced my mortgage during COVID-19, and thanks to low interest rates I'll save about $50000 - Business Insider
I refinanced my mortgage during COVID-19, and thanks to low interest rates I'll save about $50000 Business Insider
Rushing to Refinance Your Mortgage: 6 Tips and What to Avoid The New York Times
Should I refinance my house? Mortgage rates drop to 50-year low as coronavirus spreads across the U.S. — and the world - MarketWatch
Should I refinance my house? Mortgage rates drop to 50-year low as coronavirus spreads across the U.S. — and the world MarketWatch
Refinancing your mortgage isn't always the right move — here are 6 reasons to hold off, according to a loan officer - Business Insider
Refinancing your mortgage isn't always the right move — here are 6 reasons to hold off, according to a loan officer Business Insider