Best Business Tips and Strategies information channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
10. Procrastination Condemnation - Lose the Labels! All those things you call yourself, such as lazy, scattered, disorganized, not good enough, incompetent, or stupid, for example, aren't helping you get things done, are they? You've learned to believe them, and you think they've become something of a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you look around yourself, though, you'll see evidence that you can accomplish quite a number of things without delay.
9. Procrastination Exaggeration - Are you really procrastinating, or are you simply focusing on other priorities? It's possible that those things you're not doing shouldn't get done until sometimes later, perhaps not at all. Focus on only the most significant areas first, and the rest will come.
8. Procrastination Temptation - If you hang out with people who coax you to procrastinate, it's time to start surrounding yourself with better examples. If you know certain that situations are too enticing and will lure you from following through, create a work-around plan that will help you prevent yourself from "taking the bait".
7. Procrastination Alienation - Recognize that you're not alone, and are, in fact, in excellent company. Most people procrastinate about something, sometimes about many things. In a recent survey on procrastination, almost 1/3 of respondents who identified themselves as procrastinators had a post-graduation or higher education.
6. Procrastination Inclination - At the moment you are about to procrastinate, stop for just a moment to acknowledge the pattern, even if you continue on to put off whatever you were going to do. Awareness and acceptance that these are your current patterns is a necessary step in procrastination extermination.
5. Procrastination Perspiration - You probably think that the only way to stop procrastinating is to use will power and discipline. While that certainly can work, it can cost you a lot of energy and struggle. By allowing yourself to begin recognizing what is specifically in the way of following through, and creating simple new patterns, progress is pretty painless and immediate. For more information, sign up for the New Leaf Systems ezine at http://www.newleafsystems.com , and the soon-to-be-published book The Power of Procrastination.
4. Procrastination Exploration - What is your procrastination costing you? Do you have a procrastination reputation? Do you continually have to make procrastination explanations or reparations to others? Are you in procrastination isolation so nobody will know what you're not doing? Is your credit history in procrastination degradation because of paying bills late? Are you in procrastination desperation because you might lose your job or significant relationships? Sometimes understanding how badly you're paying and in exactly what ways can provoke you to seek assistance.
3. Procrastination Consultation - Talk with friends about how they overcame procrastination. Buddy with them on their own projects, holding each other accountable to get things done. Hire a procrastination coach, someone who has worked with hundreds of people and not only knows about procrastination generation, but has helped many veteran procrastinators with procrastination renunciation.
2. Procrastination Transformation - nothing helps you achieve more easily than knowing all the steps you need to take, having a plan to take them, scheduling that plan into your calendar, creating incentives to make following through more attractive (and consequences to make it less attractive!), and putting some accountability supports into place. This, combined with a simple procrastination meditation, will get you back on track quickly and easily.
1. Procrastination Emancipation - Once you've fully understood that one of the big reasons you have been procrastinating is that you're focusing only on finishing (and that's too daunting) you'll begin to instead concentrate on starting, which is a much more approachable and manageable way to get thing done. All you need to do is keep starting, and finishing will take care of itself.
Kerul Kassel | New Leaf Systems
Member: National Speakers Association, International Coach Federation http://www.newleafsystems.com 407-957-1494, (fax) 407-957-4814
Kerul Kassel works extensively with people who are procrastinators, or think they are, and who want to operate more optimally in personal and professional areas. She's helped corporations such as Sony, Hilton, and Volvo, and has presented at professional conferences in the US and abroad. Kerul is currently writing a book entitled "The Power of Procrastination" and is conducting a survey (which she'd love for you to take: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=32694765277 ...you might even win a complimentary coaching appointment). She also offers telephone classes open to the public, which can be found through her website at http://www.newleafsystems.com
Ten Tips for Cross Cultural Communication
Here are some simple tips to help you improve your cross cultural communication skills: Slow Down Even when English is the common language in a cross cultural situation, this does not mean you should speak at normal speed. Slow down, speak clearly and ensure your pronunciation is intelligible.
Seven Steps to Achieving Your Dream
"Vision is the spectacular that inspires us to carry out the mundane." -- Chris Widener. Can achievement be broken down into steps? Well, it isn't always that clean and easy, but I do know that those who achieve great things usually go through much of the same process, with many of the items listed below as part of that process.
Ten Tips to Build a Culture of Inspirational Leadership
Leadership, leadership development and leadership training are "Hot" issues in today's business world. A recent Internet search uncovered over 44 million hits on leadership, over 20 million hits on leadership development and 15.
The Top 10 Reasons Businesses Succeed
Only one of every 5 businesses makes it to its 5th year, and fewer still make it to 10 years. What do the successful businesses have in common?1.
The Hidden Power Of Understanding: A Secret To Building Massive Momentum In Your Business
You're busy with your business today, aren't you? You're pushing your mind and body to the limit just about everyday to handle all the activities that need to be done. But something's missing.
The Warning signs of Online Fraud and How To Avoid It
The number may seem grim for Web-based commerce. In 2004 in the Unites States alone, computer users logged in more than 207,000 Internet fraud reports to the U.
Ten Tips For Starting A New Job
1. Get to know people.
Top 7 Tips For Writing Your Marketing Plan
A lot of people are at a loss when it comes to deciding how to approach the marketing plan process and how to stay within time and budget constraints. To make for a less stressful marketing plan process, keep these 7 tips in mind:Think Strategy First An overall marketing strategy drives many decisions.
10 Things To Do Before You Start Your Business
If you are thinking of starting a new business, or if you are just about to take the plunge, you will know that there is a lot that you have to do. But where do you start? It is a good idea to get some of the groundwork done before you start, possibly this will often mean things that you hadn't thought about, things that most people do as a reaction to circumstances rather than as a planned activity.
10 Budgeting Tips for Business People and Small Companies
It is possible for small companies and individual business people to cut costs without sacrificing quality. Keep these 10 budgeting tips in mind when purchasing goods and services.
7 Ways To Get One-way Links To Your Site
One way links will help you gain better rankings in the major search engines. Here are 7 ways to get them :1.
Performance-Stress-Motivation: 7 Sanity Saving Business Boundaries
The lack of strong boundaries is one of the chief causes of stress, overwork and overwhelm in the business environment. What are Boundaries? Clearly set boundaries help other people to understand how you want to be treated.
Ten Tips for Effective Meetings
Here are ten things that you can do to hold more effective meetings.1) Avoid meetings.
Never Sell Again: Get Repeat Business and Avoid the Need to Prospect
If you're a business owner, you know that repeat business is critical to your success. It also makes your life much easier because you can count on ongoing business without having to continuously find new prospects and convince them to hire you.
Brainstorming! The Key To Wealth
Advertising executive Alex F. Osborne first coined the word "brainstorming" in the early 1940's.
Ten Ways to Manage a Rapidly Growing Business
While some new business owners face the issue of not enough customers, others face the issue of too many customers/clients. Both are serious issues and must be dealt with carefully.
10 High-Impact Viral Marketing Strategies
Viral Marketing is allowing people to giveaway and use your free product or service in order to multiply your marketing quickly over the internet.
Surviving When Clients Aren't Rolling In
As the holiday season starts to settle in, the workload for many Micro-Businesses can slow down. Service-based businesses in particular consider this a slow time of the year.
The Ten Best Kept Secrets For Protecting Your Business Property Against Theft
1. Locks and Padlocks - Locks on all outside entrances and inside security doors should be double cylinder deadbolts with removable collars.
10 Reasons to Use Online Banking
With today's technology and people's need for more information it is no wonder that online banking is growing as one of the most popular uses of the internet. Here we have listed the 10 biggest benefits to start using online banking.
Akron City Directory
© 2012 - 2020 All Rights Reserved