Best Business Tips and Strategies information channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Looking for an old friend? Want to know if your spouse is cheating? Need to check out a potential tenant or employee?
A good private investigator (PI) can help you obtain these answers. And as with any expert you hire-a doctor, a lawyer, an insurance broker-it benefits you to take the time to ensure you're hiring a professional who has experience, quality reputation, and good-business ethics. Below is a checklist that will help you find just such a private investigator:
1. Ask friends, business associates, your lawyer for a referral. Word of mouth gives you the inside scoop, and the opportunity to ask questions specific to your needs.
2. Check your state's private investigator associations, most of which have web sites that post their membership directory.
3. If you can't find a private investigation association for your state, there are multiple national PI organizations that refer investigators, such as The National Association of Investigative Specialists (http://www.pimall.com/nais/dir.menu.html). Also, check your state's legal organizations-for example, affiliates of the American Trial Lawyer's Association or the state defense bar-which typically have a directory of recommended investigators.
4. Insurance companies use PIs constantly. Especially if your needs fall into surveillance and background checks, an excellent resource is your own homeowners insurance company. Ask to speak to a claims representative. With a few inquiries, you should be able to pinpoint which investigators your insurance company uses, which is a good referral.
5. Check Internet and Yellow Pages for private investigator listings, but remember these are paid-for ads. Ask for references; check if the PI is licensed (most states require a PI to be licensed, a few don't); if you're going before a judge and jury, ask if the PI has courtroom experience. NOTE: An untrained investigator may not know the laws and end up doing something illegal during an investigation-which causes you problems.
6. Before you speak to an investigator, decide what's in your budget.
7. When you speak to an investigator, ask if he/she has done the type of work you're seeking. More important, ask them the outcome of that type of investigation.
8. Ask to see examples of reports they've produced for similar cases.
9. Gauge your comfort level while speaking to the investigator. Good communication will be critical after the investigation begins. Also, be open minded-your investigator may have new ideas that are worthy of exploration.
10. Expect to pay a retainer up front. Just because a PI doesn't ask for one (or even a reasonable hourly rate), doesn't mean he/she is better at what they do. You want to hire someone who's competent, not hard up for work.
Remember, a good private investigator can be your best resource!
Subscribe to Highlands Investigations & Legal Services, Inc. free quarterly e-newsletter, which provides leading-edge legal, forensic, investigative articles, and more. All subscribers are automatically eligible for free gift drawings. To subscribe, go to http://www.highlandsinvestigations.com.
Colleen Collins, Highlands Investigations and Legal Services, Inc.
Highlands Investigations & Legal Services, a product of two logically related sets of background and training--attorney and information specialist--offers a unique blend of investigative and writing/research skills. To learn more about our services, go to http://www.highlandsinvestigations.com
Santa Maria Times
Home remedies: How a healthy diet can help manage pain
Santa Maria Times
Good nutrition is an important part of your overall health. A healthy diet should include a variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, lean proteins and healthy fats. This gives your body the nutrients and ...
Daily Monitor (press release) (blog)
Home remedies for brittle nails
Daily Monitor (press release) (blog)
Brittle nails often show an underlying health problem. It is important to check for nutrient deficiencies with your nutritionist if you have brittle nails. Nonetheless, there are home remedies that can treat brittle nails. Coconut Oil. It is very ...
TIMESOFINDIA (satire) (press release) (blog)
Home remedies to remove moles
TIMESOFINDIA (satire) (press release) (blog)
A mole is cluster of skin cells which are not spread evenly on the skin. These skin cells are technically known as melanocytes and these are the cells that give the pigment its colour. Most of the moles initially appear as abrasions or skin irritants ...
21 Home Remedies for Dogs and Cats
by Melissa Breyer, Treehugger. From knocking out fleas and ticks to fighting the havoc of hairballs, these simple, all-natural home remedies for dogs and cats are both planet and pet approved. In 2018, Americans are expected to spend more than $72 ...
Times of India
5 home remedies for straight hair
Times of India
If you have had enough of your frizzy hair and are dying to get your hair straightened in a salon, we want to tell you that you can straighten your mane at the comfort of your hair! Well, here's a look at five ways you can have poker straight naturally.
Six Home Remedies That Can Help Stop Nausea
Nausea is an experience a lot of us don't like whether it is motion sickness, pregnancy-related, the side effect of a medication or the dreaded flu, there are a number of home remedies that can relieve you. Essential oils. If you feel nauseous, put ...
12 Home Remedies for Bug Bites That Actually Work
... the nerves that were telling your brain 'this is itchy!' change their tune and start telling your brain 'this is cold!'” she says. “Second, the coldness reduces local swelling and inflammation.” Only apply the ice for a few minutes at a time. Try ...
Tired Of Recurring Pimples? Here Are Simple Home Remedies That'll Help You Get Rid Of Them Stat
That's why it is often recommended to treat conditions, such as cuts, burns, rashes and even psoriasis. However, aloe vera gel when combined with other remedies, however, like tretinoin cream, for instance, is significantly more effective than using ...
These Home Remedies for Jock Itch Might Actually Worsen the Problem
According to Dr. Farhadian, "patients often think that any rash in the groin area is jock itch (medically referred to as tinea cruris), but that couldn't be further from the truth." And that's where the problem with the oft-touted home remedies comes in.
Garlic Burned Through Woman's Toe in Athlete's Foot Home Remedy Disaster
A woman in the U.K. has burned the skin of her left big toe after using raw garlic to treat a fungal infection in a disastrous home remedy. The sliced raw garlic caused a second-degree chemical burn that coursed through her skin, making the top of her ...
Ten Ways to Strengthen Your Reading Habit
Most people wish they read more. It is an activity that is both fun and enlightening.
Seven Ways to Get the Most Out of the Next Training You Attend
Sometime soon you will be attending some training. It may be a one hour tele-seminar, a one day class, professional conference, or a weekend retreat.
7 Tips On Getting Ready To Put Attraction Marketing Into Action
Attraction marketing is about making a customer for life not just making a sale. It's about connecting your passion in business with your perfect clients and customers and giving them a enjoyable experience with your company.
Why Don't They Just Get It Done: 7 Performance Tactics for CEOs
Buckling under the weight of chronic corporate restructuring, and frustrated by performers who don't respond to carefully crafted strategic plans, high level executive leaders are being confronted by a growing performance gap between what needs to get done and what gets done. Sound familiar? It's a troublesome trend that is likely happening in your firm right now.
10 Things To Do When Business Slows Down Over The Holidays
I'm sure you've seen it happen every year: your business slows down during predictable times, like the summer vacation months or year-end holidays. For the self-employed who rely upon steady cash flow, this can be a disconcerting time.
My 7 Most Important Business Lessons
Millions of people start new small businesses in the United States every day. Many fail at running a small business every day.
Checklist for Hiring a Private Investigator
Looking for an old friend? Want to know if your spouse is cheating? Need to check out a potential tenant or employee? A good private investigator (PI) can help you obtain these answers. And as with any expert you hire-a doctor, a lawyer, an insurance broker-it benefits you to take the time to ensure you're hiring a professional who has experience, quality reputation, and good-business ethics.
How to Apply the 12 Steps for Managment Conflict and Resolution
1. Admit there is a problem.
10 Things To Ask Your Accountant
This is a quick checklist of a few things that you, as a new business, should expect to ask your accountant (or potential accountant).1.
How To Move Your Business Online in 7 Steps
So you have set up your company, fairly established and generating some sort of revenue. Why should you take the most important step of starting online? The online audience is massive - it's an information resource used by millions worldwide and continues to grow.
Ten Tips For Staying Connected While Working Alone
Ten Tips for Staying Connected. Many of my business clients tell me that what they missed most when they started their businesses was the camaraderie of an office setting. Small businesses often start with the owner as the only employee.
Wealth Building Scams
I have some good news and I have some bad news. First the good news.
Ten Top Performance Management Tips
Talk to Your People Often By building a great relationship with your people you will bring trust, honesty and information. This gives you a head start in Performance Management of your people.
Why Clarity Is Essential To Building Massive Momentum In Your Business
Clarity is an absolutely essential ingredient for you to achieve your full potential in business. Napoleon Hill, in his classic book Think & Grow Rich, said "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
Top Ten Reasons to Write a Sales Letter for Each Product? - Part 1
Authors/publishers are great at getting their books written. Entrepreneurs know their products.
The 10 Biggest Mistakes People Make Managing Organizational Performance
mistake #1: rely just on financial statements. Profit and loss, revenue and expenses these are measures of important things to a business. But they are information that is too little and too late.
7 Ways To Get One-way Links To Your Site
One way links will help you gain better rankings in the major search engines. Here are 7 ways to get them :1.
Ten Steps To Better Listening
Talking is the least important half of any conversation. Listening is the real skill.
7 Super Ways To Drum Up More Sales
1. Use subheads throughout your ad copy.
Entrepreneurs - 7 Business Mistakes You Must Avoid
Many mistakes can be made in business and if you are able to avoid some of them by reading and taking note of these warnings, then the time taken to put these together will be worth while. Here are some business mistakes that are common to many entrepreneurs.
Akron City Directory
© 2012 - 2018 All Rights Reserved