Best Business Tips and Strategies information channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
How do you increase business profits? Answer the following questions carefully, and you'll have a good start.
1. Can you increase the average sale? A restaurant with 25% profit margins might make 50% on additional sales to existing customers (less labor to bag one large order than two smaller ones). Asking "What would you like to drink with that?" works, and it's just a start.
2. What's the least expensive way to get a customer? Before you spend another thousand dollars advertising to get new customers, could you get as much business by spending a few hours contacting previous or existing customers?
3. What low risk ideas can you try? I once sent a letter to several visiting basketball teams, inviting them to visit our restaurant, and giving the coach a free meal as an incentive. The cost? Two dollars. The pay off was two busloads of customers. At that rate, you could increase your business profits even if nine out of ten ideas fail.
4. Have you tested prices? I knew a store that sold a product for a $1.05, that cost them $1.00. At a price of $1.20, it is doubtful that they'd lose half their sales, but if they did, they'd still make twice the profit. Some things even sell better at a higher price. Test.
5. Can you measure your advertising results? How do you know that you're not spending more for a customer than they're worth? Coupons, customer surveys and other methods of measurement are a must.
6. How do you know your customers are satisfied? The worst restaurant meal we ever ate went down without a comment, but we never returned to that restaurant. Maybe the owner should be talking to the customers.
7. Can you enhance the percieved value of your product? Years ago, I sold walking sticks for $10 at flea markets, and $20 at craft shows. Sometimes location alone can enhance the percieved value of a product. What else can you do?
8. What are similar businesses doing? See what your successful competitors are doing. Can you do the same?
9. What other products can you sell? There's a reason stores have candy and magazines near the checkout. Extra sales are a great way to increase business profits.
10. Can you use your customers as salesmen? Word of mouth is a start, but what other ways can you get your customers to bring their friends to you?
These were culled from a longer list. I call it "stolen business ideas," because I can't credit the original authors. I took them where I found them over the years, with grattitude, but without notes.
Steve Gillman has been studying every aspect of money for thirty years. You can find more interesting and useful information on his website; http://www.EverythingAboutMoney.info
Santa Maria Times
Home remedies: How a healthy diet can help manage pain
Santa Maria Times
Good nutrition is an important part of your overall health. A healthy diet should include a variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, lean proteins and healthy fats. This gives your body the nutrients and ...
Daily Monitor (press release) (blog)
Home remedies for brittle nails
Daily Monitor (press release) (blog)
Brittle nails often show an underlying health problem. It is important to check for nutrient deficiencies with your nutritionist if you have brittle nails. Nonetheless, there are home remedies that can treat brittle nails. Coconut Oil. It is very ...
TIMESOFINDIA (satire) (press release) (blog)
Home remedies to remove moles
TIMESOFINDIA (satire) (press release) (blog)
A mole is cluster of skin cells which are not spread evenly on the skin. These skin cells are technically known as melanocytes and these are the cells that give the pigment its colour. Most of the moles initially appear as abrasions or skin irritants ...
21 Home Remedies for Dogs and Cats
by Melissa Breyer, Treehugger. From knocking out fleas and ticks to fighting the havoc of hairballs, these simple, all-natural home remedies for dogs and cats are both planet and pet approved. In 2018, Americans are expected to spend more than $72 ...
Times of India
5 home remedies for straight hair
Times of India
If you have had enough of your frizzy hair and are dying to get your hair straightened in a salon, we want to tell you that you can straighten your mane at the comfort of your hair! Well, here's a look at five ways you can have poker straight naturally.
12 Home Remedies for Bug Bites That Actually Work
... the nerves that were telling your brain 'this is itchy!' change their tune and start telling your brain 'this is cold!'” she says. “Second, the coldness reduces local swelling and inflammation.” Only apply the ice for a few minutes at a time. Try ...
Tired Of Recurring Pimples? Here Are Simple Home Remedies That'll Help You Get Rid Of Them Stat
That's why it is often recommended to treat conditions, such as cuts, burns, rashes and even psoriasis. However, aloe vera gel when combined with other remedies, however, like tretinoin cream, for instance, is significantly more effective than using ...
These Home Remedies for Jock Itch Might Actually Worsen the Problem
According to Dr. Farhadian, "patients often think that any rash in the groin area is jock itch (medically referred to as tinea cruris), but that couldn't be further from the truth." And that's where the problem with the oft-touted home remedies comes in.
Garlic Burned Through Woman's Toe in Athlete's Foot Home Remedy Disaster
A woman in the U.K. has burned the skin of her left big toe after using raw garlic to treat a fungal infection in a disastrous home remedy. The sliced raw garlic caused a second-degree chemical burn that coursed through her skin, making the top of her ...
7 Quick Home Remedies To Bring Relief From Acidity
While there are many medicines that can help bring relief from acidity, you can also turn to home remedies to follow the natural way. There are many age-old remedies that are commonly used across Indian households and bring immediate relief. However ...
Seven Ways to Improve Your Results with Follow-up
What follows is a bold statement, but sometimes it takes a bold statement to get people's attention. One of the most important and yet overlooked skills in business today is follow-up.
The Seven Secrets of Top Performers
Let's put to rest the fallacy that success, in sales or any profession, is due to luck, chance, and/or hard work. There is nothing further from the truth.
Why Don't They Just Get It Done: 7 Performance Tactics for CEOs
Buckling under the weight of chronic corporate restructuring, and frustrated by performers who don't respond to carefully crafted strategic plans, high level executive leaders are being confronted by a growing performance gap between what needs to get done and what gets done. Sound familiar? It's a troublesome trend that is likely happening in your firm right now.
How To Move Your Business Online in 7 Steps
So you have set up your company, fairly established and generating some sort of revenue. Why should you take the most important step of starting online? The online audience is massive - it's an information resource used by millions worldwide and continues to grow.
Business Meeting Etiquette
Business etiquette is essentially about building relationships with colleagues, clients or customers. In the business world, it is these people that can influence your success or failure.
The Top Ten Ways to Stop Procrastinating Now
10. Procrastination Condemnation - Lose the Labels! All those things you call yourself, such as lazy, scattered, disorganized, not good enough, incompetent, or stupid, for example, aren't helping you get things done, are they? You've learned to believe them, and you think they've become something of a self-fulfilling prophecy.
11 Things Small Business Owners Can Learn From Star Wars
1. Great Things Take Time - Three years passed between the release of each movie in the two trilogies, and a lot of work went in to them.
Ten Tips For Starting A New Job
1. Get to know people.
Top 7 Reasons You Should Back Up Your Data Online!
How much is your data worth to you? In this modern electronic-age we rely more than ever on our computers to supply us with the information we need. Chances are every piece of data you might ever rely on to make an important decision has been reduced to a digital format and resides somewhere on your computer's hard drive.
After Hurricane Katrina - Seven Things You Can Do
If you are like me, you are living some distance from the devastation wrought by Katrina. If you are like me you not physically impacted and can watch the plight of others on television in the comfort of your home.
Top Ten Reasons to Write a Sales Letter for Each Product? - Part 2
Authors/publishers are great at getting their books written. Entrepreneurs know their products.
7 Secrets to Writing Inventory Procedures
What would You do with $1,000,000With $1 Million would you:? Pay off debt?? Purchase new equipment?? Invest/save for the future?? Give yourself a bonus?$1,000,000 Waiting in the Wings. What do you and your business need that you have been putting off because you don't have the money today? $1,000,000 certainly would fill those needs. But where do you find $1,000,000 just lying around your business right now? Well, you probably have $250,000 in each of four areas in your everyday business, and you don't even realize it.
10 Incredibly important business basics EVERYONE needs to know BEFORE they start a business!
In my career, I have had a total of 3 businesses myself and a few others where I am in partnerships. Each time you start a business the basics are pretty well the same.
Positioning Your Company for Debt Financing
Positioning Your Company for Debt Financing: There was a time in the old days when going to the bank was the only way to get outside capital for your business. These days with the explosion of raising equity investment, many of the guidelines for running a company have been revolutionized.
7 Tips To Increase The Success Of Your Online Business
1. Outsource what takes you too long to do? When you don't have time to do something, you either don't do it, or do it faster and make mistakes.
10 Nifty Tips for Better Business Cards
Not having a business card is as bad as using an eMail address that ends in AOL.com It's just not professional.
The Ten Best Kept Secrets For Protecting Your Business Property Against Theft
1. Locks and Padlocks - Locks on all outside entrances and inside security doors should be double cylinder deadbolts with removable collars.
7 Reasons You ARE Your Own Best Product, or Lessons From the 2004 Presidential Election
The 2004 election is over--at least in the minds of the public--and analysis runs rampant as to why Senator John Kerry lost. From a business viewpoint, one could say that he simply didn't sell the product.
How To Finally Unlock Your True Potential And Discover The Secret To Lasting Success
Did you know that there is one critical difference between average businesses and super-successful businesses? Many of the success experts who are quoted time and time again refer to this one common characteristic as the big differentiator between being mediocre and actually unlocking your true potential. Take a look at the following popular quotes and see if you can identify the common thread that ties them all together.
7 Keys to Running a Successful Business
Although dentistry may appear to be different than other types of businesses, in reality it is a business. And although this article is written from a dentist's perspective on developing a successful practice, the principles can be used in virtually any business.
Akron City Directory
© 2012 - 2018 All Rights Reserved