Best Business Tips and Strategies information channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Here are ten things that you can do to hold more effective meetings.
1) Avoid meetings. Test the importance of a meeting by asking, "What happens without it?" If your answer is, "Nothing," then don't call the meeting.
2) Prepare goals. These are the results you want to obtain by the end of the meeting. Write out your goals before the meetings. They should be so clear, complete, and specific that someone else could use them to lead your meeting. Also, make sure they can be achieved with available people, resources, and time. Specific goals help everyone make efficient toward relevant results.
3) Challenge each goal. Ask, "Is there another way to achieve this?" For example, if you want to distribute information, you may find it more efficient to phone, FAX, mail, e-mail, or visit. Realize that a meeting is a team activity. Save tasks that require a team effort for your meetings.
4) Prepare an agenda. Everyone knows an agenda leads to an effective meeting. Yet, many people "save time" by neglecting to prepare an agenda. A meeting without an agenda is like a journey without a map. It is guaranteed to take longer and produce fewer results. Note, without an agenda, you risk becoming someone else's helper (see tip #6 below).
5) Inform others. Send the agenda before the meeting. That helps others prepare to work with you in the meeting. Unprepared participants waste your time by preparing for the meeting during the meeting.
6) Assume control. If you find yourself in a meeting without an agenda walk out. If you must stay, prepare an agenda in the meeting. Collect a list of issues, identify the most important, and work on that. When you finish, if time remains, select the next most important issue. Note: you can use a meeting without an agenda to recruit help for your projects.
7) Focus on the issue. Avoid stories, jokes, and unrelated issues. Although entertaining, these waste time, distract focus, and mislead others. Save the fun for social occasions where it will be appreciated.
8) Be selective. Invite only those who can contribute to achieving your goals for the meeting. Crowds of observers and supporters bog down progress in a meeting.
9) Budget time. No one would spend $1000 on a 10¢ pencil, but they often spend 40 employee hours on trivia. Budget time in proportion to the value of the issue. For example, you could say, "I want a decision on this in 10 minutes. That means we'll evaluate it for the next 9 minutes, followed by a vote."
10) Use structured activities in your meetings. These process tools keep you in control while you ensure equitable participation and systematic progress toward results.
Certified professional facilitator and author Steve Kaye helps groups of people hold effective meetings. His innovative workshops have informed and inspired people nationwide. His facilitation produces results that people will support. And his books show how to hold effective meetings.
Sign up for his free newsletter for more ideas like this. Call 714-528-1300 or visit http://www.stevekaye.com for over 100 pages of information.
Home remedies for bites and stings from 15 different insects and plants
Even though there are so many positives to be enjoyed during the summer months, there are inevitably a few downsides. One of these is the prevalence of biting and stinging insects and irritating flora and fauna, from mosquitoes, wasps and horseflies to ...
This Dog's Life
7 Fast-Acting and Effective Home Remedies to Stop Your Dog From Getting Fleas
This Dog's Life
Fleas are nimble little creatures. They can jump 10,000 times in a row, moving from host to host and into your home. The flea bite causes itching, and in dogs that have allergies, the itching can be severe and lead to hair loss, inflammation, and skin ...
Best home remedies for acidity and heartburn, these 7 foods in your diet promise quick cure
Acidity or acid reflux is a familiar digestive complaint that most of us choose to ignore unless it causes a lot of pain or discomfort. Some of its most common symptoms are heartburn or a burning pain and regurgitation or bitter-tasting acid in your ...
Beauty Tips 3 home remedies to get rid of dark knuckles
Dark knuckles is a common issue most women face when they change their body lotion or cream. It can also be associated with poor grooming of our hands and feet. Women with dark knuckles lack the confidence to wear fashion accessories due to public ...
12 Home Remedies for Psoriasis
If there ever was a medical condition that could convince Sherlock Holmes to get out of the business, it's plaque psoriasis. Psoriasis symptoms are obvious—after all, it's hard not to notice that maddening itch, the inflammation, and those bothersome ...
5 home remedies to fight piles
Do you have the problem of bleeding painlessly while pooping? Then you must truly consider a visit to the doctor. This is so because piles, a painless condition (literally) is quite worrisome. What are piles? In simple words, 'piles' is a term used for ...
#HealthBytes: 5 simple home remedies for acne that actually work
Hands-down the most common skin problem out there is of acne. It reportedly affects atleast 85% of the world population at some point in their lives or other. Medical treatment could be heavy on pocket and also have dangerous side effects. That's why ...
Try this at home: Nature's remedies that are safe for kids
WNC Parent spoke to Juliet Blankespoor, founder and instructor at Chestnut School of Herbal Medicine, and Dr. Leslie Meyers, ND, co-owner of WaterLeaf Naturopathic Medicine, about home remedies parents can easily and safely try at home.
Home remedies for cold and cough, these 6 DIY methods will cure seasonal illnesses for you
Common cold can be caused by almost 200 viruses, and irrespective of the season can lead to runny nose, fever, cough and congestion for 5-7 days. It's no surprise that we tend to fall ill during a change in season, when our body is trying to adapt to ...
7 Most Beneficial Home Remedies For Stomach Ache
Irrespective of the reason behind your stomach ache, you just want it to go away. No matter what type of stomach ache or abdominal pain you have, from nausea to heartburn or everything in between, a natural home remedy brings relief from the discomfort ...
Making Money over the Internet : 5 Cool Tips
The Internet is a fast growing medium, transcending the personal ,geographical, political and cultural barriers. Because of its popularity and diversity, for an ambitious and hard working person, it is the right medium to make unlimited wealth the only thing is that you should know how to do it, the knack of doing it comes only with practice ,but a non-starter doesn't get any practice.
The Benefits Of Helping An Online Business Newbie
Do your remember when you first ventured out in the online business world? You probably had questions and problems along the way. Wouldn't it have been easier if you had help? When a newbie asks for your advice, educate them; answer their questions and help them solve their online business problems.
10 Great E-Commerce Businesses You Can Start Now
If you've been thinking of starting a business on the web but you're not sure what type of business to start then this article is for you. You could be wasting valuable time trying to make your first move.
10 Budgeting Tips for Business People and Small Companies
It is possible for small companies and individual business people to cut costs without sacrificing quality. Keep these 10 budgeting tips in mind when purchasing goods and services.
Seven Questions to Improve Your Business, Your Relationships, and Your Life
Seven Questions to Improve Your Business, Your Relationships, and Your Life One of the most powerful tools we have as humans is our ability to ask questions. The more adept we are at asking them (and waiting for and listening to the answers), the more effective we will be.
How To Move Your Business Online in 7 Steps
So you have set up your company, fairly established and generating some sort of revenue. Why should you take the most important step of starting online? The online audience is massive - it's an information resource used by millions worldwide and continues to grow.
11 Things Small Business Owners Can Learn From Michael Dell
1. Think Big - In college, Michael Dell said he wanted to "beat IBM.
The 10 Biggest Mistakes People Make Managing Organizational Performance
mistake #1: rely just on financial statements. Profit and loss, revenue and expenses these are measures of important things to a business. But they are information that is too little and too late.
Top 10 Ways Websites Makes Me Suffer
I believe some people create and publish websites for the sole purpose of tormenting their visitors. Browsing various websites and navigating the Web can often be like trying to read on an airplane while a kid kicks the back of your seat and the baby next to you alternates between screaming, crying and drooling on you.
Increase Business Profits - Ten Ways
How do you increase business profits? Answer the following questions carefully, and you'll have a good start.1.
Your Leadership Shopping List
'Tis the season to give. And finding the right gift to give the people on your team can be challenging.
Home Furnishings in India : How to Find an Exporter, manufacturer or Supplier ? Beyond a Database.
Looking for a manufacturer or supplier of home furnishings in India ?Don't know where to begin? Want to find a source but at a loss for resources? Want to do business in India, but unsure what is the best way to go about it? This article attempts to answer some of these questions. Firstly, unless you have a link in India, you will find it a difficult task to sift through the information available on the Internet.
5 Tips to Manage and Organize E-Mail
How do you focus on your urgent e-mail and organize the rest for your review? Think about how you handle your paper mail. You probably sort your paper mail quickly before you read it to figure out what to look at first, what to read later, and what to throw away.
The Top Ten Ways to Attract Buyers, Not Just Visitors to your Web Site
Have you put a lot of effort, time, and money into your site and are frustrated with low sales? If you are like many professionals out there, you know your subject; you are excellent at your craft. You have a great service and maybe a great product to sell.
Top 7 Tips For Writing Your Marketing Plan
A lot of people are at a loss when it comes to deciding how to approach the marketing plan process and how to stay within time and budget constraints. To make for a less stressful marketing plan process, keep these 7 tips in mind:Think Strategy First An overall marketing strategy drives many decisions.
Top Ten Tips for Improving Your Cash Flow
Cash is king-so they say. If you work for yourself or someone else, you need to be aware of ways to improve the cash flow.
Top 7 Reasons You Should Back Up Your Data Online!
How much is your data worth to you? In this modern electronic-age we rely more than ever on our computers to supply us with the information we need. Chances are every piece of data you might ever rely on to make an important decision has been reduced to a digital format and resides somewhere on your computer's hard drive.
Top Ten Ways to Manage Interruptions
So many people I worked with said they got more work done at home than in the office. That was because there were so many interruptions in the office.
7 Money Saving Tips to Decrease Home Business Expenses
We all know that running a home business is highly satisfying, and at times downright liberating! No clock to punch, no dress code, and best of all, no boss to answer to. But there are also many facets of business ownership that entrepreneurs must stay on top of.
10-Point Checklist for High Visibility in Google
Google is the pre-eminent search engine (SE) with no close competitor. Given that inclusion is free, your Web pages must be in it.
Akron City Directory
© 2012 - 2018 All Rights Reserved