Best Business Tips and Strategies information channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Use the checklist below to make sure your article, tip, or book excerpt will get published and make you a household name on the Internet.
1. Does the title grab you and include a benefit? Make sure it is clear, but clever and clear is great.
2. Does the opening grab your attention? How? You need a hook in your short 1-3 sentence introduction. A shocking fact, drama, or question about where your audience is, their challenge.
3. Avoid starting sentences with "This is, there is, She is/was." Avoid passive construction such as: have, is, was, seems, appears. Replace "Judy is a book coach" with Book coach, Judy Cullins, digs her client's buried treasure (their words) up to make their books saleable gems. Aim for only 2-4% passives. Use strong, action verbs instead.
4. Punch up those sentences. Instead of "people who are assertive are willing to stand up for themselves," say, "Assertive people stand up for themselves."
5. Reduce general words. Replace them with specifics that are more compelling to the reader. Instead of "saves you time," use "saves you 10 hours a week, so you can finally take that vacation to that Caribbean island."
6. Shorten all sentences for Online reading. Did you know that 15-17 words per sentence is standard? Over that number the sentence is "difficult?" We write differently for Online because we are busy people who want information fast!
7. Use the present or past tense instead of "would have" and other passive forms. These verb forms help your article's clarity and give punch to it.
8. Show, don't tell. Instead of saying this book helps you to a healthy life, say after you read my book, you will have "leap out of bed energy."
9. Reduce the use of adjectives and adverbs. Avoid all -ly adverbs. Make your nouns and verbs describe. Use the senses of sight, sound, emotions, touch. Instead of "Suddenly, she yelled at Tom," just say," She opened the front door and yelled at Tom."
10. Discuss only one point per article to help you write focused, compelling copy for the rest. Check out your article's thesis. What question does your article answer?
Remember, for opt-in ezine publishers to take your article and spread the good word about you, you need to submit a quality, well-edited article that will wow them.
Judy Cullins, 20-year book and Internet Marketing Coach, Author of 10 eBooks including "Write your eBook Fast," and "How to Market your Business on the Internet," she offers free help through her 2 monthly ezines, The Book Coach Says...and Business Tip of the Month at http://www.bookcoaching.com/opt-in.shtml and over 140 free articles. Email her at mailto:Judy@bookcoaching.com
5 MD-Approved Home Remedies for Eczema on Hands
10 All-Natural Psoriasis and Eczema Treatments. Although separate conditions, eczema and psoriasis share the symptoms of painfully dry, tight, and itchy skin. Thankfully, these home remedies have been proven to alleviate symptoms and offer some much ...
6 Home Remedies for Yeast Infections That You Should Never Try
What you shouldn't do is try one of these home remedies to treat a yeast infection. Despite what the internet might say, doctors agree they're no good. "There are absolutely no home remedies to get rid of yeast infection," says Lauren Streicher, M.D ...
The home health remedies we rely on: From sleeping in socks filled with onions to shake off a cold, to banishing ...
Buttering burns to ease pain, sleeping in socks filled with onions to shake off a cold and rubbing turmeric on your scalp to combat baldness have emerged as some of the UK's bizarre home remedies in a survey. The top three DIY 'cures' for dealing with ...
5 Ayurvedic Home Remedies For Nausea and Vomiting
Nobody likes the uneasy nauseous feeling and vomiting sensation. The sickly feeling comes in way of your overall mood, your taste and makes you just want to lie down and cling to the bed. While most of us hate it when we have to vomit, but vomiting is ...
Pike County News Watchman (blog)
'People's Home Remedies' — Part Two: Incredible treatments for a variety of ailments and conditions
Pike County News Watchman (blog)
Medical treatments have certainly changed for the better over the years. Home medical books, such as the “People's Home Medical Book”, included in the “People's Home Library”, copyright 1911, list various treatments for numerous illnesses and diseases ...
Maty's pharmaceutical packaging radiates 'home remedy'
This cold-and-flu season, a new packaging design for Maty's natural and organic remedies, featuring full-body labeling and food-centric graphics, is turning shoppers' heads. Made with “whole-food ingredients”—the kind found in traditional home ...
Soothe your cough with these home remedies
Also a popular remedy for sore throats, salt water can ease the discomfort caused by a cough the same way it helps a sore throat, through osmosis. When the concentration of salt is higher outside of the cells in your mucous membranes, water flows out ...
Six home remedies that actually work
From a run-of-the-mill headache or cold, to nausea and even smelly feet, the answer to feeling better can sometimes be found right in your own pantry. Take a look at these six home remedies that genuinely work to relieve common physical symptoms: Cough ...
Times of India
5 home remedies to naturally whiten your teeth
Times of India
Teeth are said to be the window to your personality and there are numerous factors that may cause them to become dull and lose their shine. At times certain foods end up staining the enamel (the outer layer of teeth) of our teeth. Also, at times the ...
Simple Home Remedies For Cavities, Tooth Decay and Tooth Pain Naturally
The oral hygiene can be affected by much pathology such as dental caries, periodontitis, gingivitis, and other diseases. In the same way you can see the fall of teeth naturally and through a dental extraction. Tooth decay also known as dental caries or ...
10 Marketing Tips For Your Business
Here are a few ideas to get you started, all with low or no cost, which should especially help you in the early days of your business.This is by no means an exhaustive list, but is just a few ideas to start you off.
10-Point Checklist for High Visibility in Google
Google is the pre-eminent search engine (SE) with no close competitor. Given that inclusion is free, your Web pages must be in it.
Surviving When Clients Aren't Rolling In
As the holiday season starts to settle in, the workload for many Micro-Businesses can slow down. Service-based businesses in particular consider this a slow time of the year.
Ten Tips on Delegating Work
One way to manage your time more effectively is to delegate work to others on your staff or to contract workers you hire for specific projects. How often I hear such comments as, "It takes too much time to delegate.
The Hidden Power Of Understanding: A Secret To Building Massive Momentum In Your Business
You're busy with your business today, aren't you? You're pushing your mind and body to the limit just about everyday to handle all the activities that need to be done. But something's missing.
How To Make $20.00 For Every $1.00 Invested
It has been said you can lift the Rock of Gibraltar if you have a fulcrum point and long enough lever. When we refer to "financial leverage" we are talking about the same principle.
Are You a Project Manager Or a Project Mangler?
Which one are you? An effective IT project manager, able to deliver software on time, according to specs, and within budget, or someone referred to by your peers as a project mangler? Find out with these Top 10 Signs You're a Project Mangler.10.
Why Clarity Is Essential To Building Massive Momentum In Your Business
Clarity is an absolutely essential ingredient for you to achieve your full potential in business. Napoleon Hill, in his classic book Think & Grow Rich, said "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
Top 10 Ways to Turn Clients Into Raving Fans
Do you find great joy in being a coach? If so, you will find that your enthusiasm is contagious and will attract clients. Be sure to develop a superb and supportive community.
Performance-Stress-Motivation: 7 Sanity Saving Business Boundaries
The lack of strong boundaries is one of the chief causes of stress, overwork and overwhelm in the business environment. What are Boundaries? Clearly set boundaries help other people to understand how you want to be treated.
The Top Ten Ways to Stop Procrastinating Now
10. Procrastination Condemnation - Lose the Labels! All those things you call yourself, such as lazy, scattered, disorganized, not good enough, incompetent, or stupid, for example, aren't helping you get things done, are they? You've learned to believe them, and you think they've become something of a self-fulfilling prophecy.
7 Tips On Getting Ready To Put Attraction Marketing Into Action
Attraction marketing is about making a customer for life not just making a sale. It's about connecting your passion in business with your perfect clients and customers and giving them a enjoyable experience with your company.
7 Keys to Running a Successful Business
Although dentistry may appear to be different than other types of businesses, in reality it is a business. And although this article is written from a dentist's perspective on developing a successful practice, the principles can be used in virtually any business.
11 Things Small Business Owners Can Learn From Michael Dell
1. Think Big - In college, Michael Dell said he wanted to "beat IBM.
How To Move Your Business Online in 7 Steps
So you have set up your company, fairly established and generating some sort of revenue. Why should you take the most important step of starting online? The online audience is massive - it's an information resource used by millions worldwide and continues to grow.
How To Finally Unlock Your True Potential And Discover The Secret To Lasting Success
Did you know that there is one critical difference between average businesses and super-successful businesses? Many of the success experts who are quoted time and time again refer to this one common characteristic as the big differentiator between being mediocre and actually unlocking your true potential. Take a look at the following popular quotes and see if you can identify the common thread that ties them all together.
The Ten Best Kept Secrets For Protecting Your Business Property Against Theft
1. Locks and Padlocks - Locks on all outside entrances and inside security doors should be double cylinder deadbolts with removable collars.
The Top 10 Reasons Businesses Succeed
Only one of every 5 businesses makes it to its 5th year, and fewer still make it to 10 years. What do the successful businesses have in common?1.
The 7 Keys to Business Success
Do you run a business that seems to run you? It does not have to be this way. There are 7 keys that can improve your business results and help you achieve success with much less stress.
My 7 Most Important Business Lessons
Millions of people start new small businesses in the United States every day. Many fail at running a small business every day.
Akron City Directory
© 2012 All Rights Reserved